They Were Innocent

Metro City had always been a magnet of weirdness. Well, sort of. It was home to two extraterrestrials. Honestly isn't a lot, but weird that it's happened more than once, you know? But to Megamind, these two took the cake of weirdness. They were powerful and Megamind cringed as one melted one of his brainbots while the other froze one.

"Leave my babies alone!" Megamind shouted, shooting the firey one in the eye on their shoulder. The thing yelled in pain and clutched its shoulder eye.

"You will regret that you infernal being!" It shouted, creating a large fireball and throwing it towards Megamind.

"Oh dear," Megamind cursed, squeezing his eyes shut, preparing to be cooked.

"Look out!" A voice with a welsh accent called out, crashing into Megamind and sending them both to the ground below. "Protego bullitus!"

Megamind's eyes widened as a bright blue bubble like shield appeared around him and his savior. The fire washed off the shield like water to a ducks back. Megamind's saviour turned to look at him. He was a fairly lanky dude, with a black mask covering the bottom half of his face leaving only his golden brown eyes visible.

"What is that?" Megamind questioned, pointing to the glowing stick that the young man was holding.

"It's a staff," the man replied as if it was obvious. "Are you alright?"

"Do I look alright?" Megamind snarked, looking down at his body, which was covered in dirt and scratches. Not to mention his sweater was ruined. "This was my favorite sweater!"

"Yeah, you're alright," the man chuckled, helping Megamind get back onto his feet. "You must be the protector of this city."

"Uh, yeah," Megamind answered, fiddling with his gun and looking awkwardly at the man before looking at the fire and ice people. Megamind noticed that many people were now fighting the angry elementals. "Who are they? Who are you? Is that a dragon?!"

"Little help here!" A woman's voice called out. Megamind noted it was a woman wearing shiny purple armor fighting against the ice. The man turned back to Megamind.

"To sum it up, we're the good guys," the man said, gesturing to his group before pointing to the two attackers. "They're the bad guys."

"I gathered that," Megamind huffed.

"Look, we can chat after the fight, alright?" The man sighed, grabbing his staff and spinning it in the air, gathering the portal's magic before blasting it at the fire entity. The man then ran off towards the fight, leaving Megamind standing there, confused as heck.

"I'm beginning to regret even leaving the house," Megamind grumbled before flying up into the air to join the fight.

Jim raced toward Skreal, using their blasts of ice to climb higher and closer to them before letting out a fierce battle cry, raising his swords above his head and aiming to hit Skreal's head. Bellroc saw this and threw a blast of fire, throwing Jim back toward the ground, creating a massive crater in the ground.

Jim groaned and stumbled back up to his feet. Blinky jumped into the crater and began to check over Jim.

"Are you alright, my child?"

"I'm fine," Jim nodded. He shook his head and looked back up at the order. "We can't get close to them! They're hardly paying any attention to us!"

It was true. The order had been slowly progressing forward down the highway, destroying anything in their path and only acknowledging the configuration when they tried to impede on their trek.

Aaarrrgghh and Toby charged toward the order, and Jim watched as they got batted to the side and smash into a building by the road.

"This is highly unlike them," Blinky nodded.