Spring-Fling Part Two

"May I have this dance, your majesty?" Toby bowed, holding his hand out to Darci.

"You may," Darci giggled.

"Awesomesauce," Toby grinned.

They were on the dance floor for a while before Darci looked around, confused.

"Hey, where did Jim and Claire go?" Darci asked.

"Oh, they left after the winners were announced. They're off having a special date," Toby responded.

"Those two are so cheesy," Darci laughed.

"Oh yeah! Believe me, after spending so much time with those two love birds, they go beyond cheesy!"

"Really? How so?"

"One time, Jim got one of his favorite sweatshirts torn, and Claire sewed it back up with a colorful thread that represented Claire, Jim, and me. He was actually wearing it tonight," Toby informed.

"Really? That's so sweet and cheesy at the same time," Darci chuckled.

"Right?"

Mary was off to the side, watching Toby and Darci dance. She had not found anyone to dance with.

"Ugh, love is so stupid."

A tall male walked up next to Mary. Mary couldn't see the guy's face because he was wearing a Jason Voorhees mask.

"What do you want?" Mary questioned. The guy held out his hand towards her and looked at the dance floor. "You want to dance with me?"

The boy nodded. Mary rolled her eyes and accepted the hand.

"Fine, I'll dance with you."

They made their way onto the dance floor and began to dance.

"You know, this entire dance no one has asked me to dance, which is unbelievable!" Mary complained. "Worst of all, I asked Tight Jeans Hank to the dance. You have to understand that when you're popular, you never are meant to be asking people out. But I asked! And he said because of him being from a rival school, he couldn't go!"

Mary sighed and her gaze down to the floor. Mary then noticed the very familiar style of pants this person, specifically how tight they were.

"Wait a second. I know those pants! Hank? Is that you?!" Mary asked, surprised. Hank nodded. "You actually came?"

Hank nodded again. Mary's surprised expression fell into an easy smile.

"Makes sense. Only one guy is actually brave enough to dance with the devil."

Shannon was sitting in the bleachers moping.

"Aw, I can't believe I lost," Shannon groaned. Connie walked up to Shannon.

"Hey, can I sit here?" Connie asked.

"Sure," Shannon replied, sitting up slightly. They sat in awkward silence for a moment before Connie spoke up.

"You know, I think you would have made a great Spring Queen," Connie smiled.

"Really?" Shannon asked, surprised.

"Yeah, I do," Connie responded.

"Thank you, Connie, that means a lot," Shannon grinned.

"No problem. Hey, do you wanna dance?" Connie asked.

"Sure!" Shannon exclaimed. Connie took Shannon's hand and pulled her to the dance floor.

"I gotta say, we did pretty well this year for the Spring-Fling," Coach Lawerence grinned. "No funny business, no problems, no fights."