The Ursurna Problem

Jim happily made his way down the crystal stairs when he heard Blinky and Aaarrrgghh's footsteps approach the bottom.

"Hey, Blink, Aaarrrgghh, what's up?" Jim questioned. Both wore grim expressions, and Jim got the sense that this would not be a pleasant conversation. "What's wrong?"

"It appears we have some unfortunate news, Jim," Blinky frowned.

"What is it?"

"Ursurna in Trollmarket," Aaarrrgghh rumbled.

"What?" Jim snarled, his fists clenching.

"Please don't do anything rash, Jim," Blinky advised.

"Why in Deya's name is she here?" Jim exclaimed.

"We have no clue! There's no reason we can think of. She claims she wants to see the human Trollhunter," Blinky said.

"That can't be the only reason," Jim responded.

"I agree with you," Blinky said.

"Ursurna, no good," Aaarrrgghh frowned.

"I need to warn Vendel. Ursurna can't be trusted!" Jim growled.

"Yet again, I agree on advising Vendel, but Jim, there may not be much we can do," Blinky said.

"But we can't just do nothing!"

"Of course, Jim. Just keep a low profile, please?" Blinky pleased. Jim nodded and made his way towards the heartstone.

Jim looked around Trollmarket and saw Kruberas loitering around Trollmarket. Why was Ursurna here? What was her motive?

A Krubera suddenly walked into Jim, and Jim growled in response before his face softened. It wasn't the Kruberas at fault. It was their queen.

"Sorry, you caught me off guard," Jim apologized, bowing his head respectfully.

"It's okay," The Krubera smiled reassuringly. "What's your name, youngling?"

"Um, Jim?" Jim replied.

"Well, Jim, it was nice meeting you," The Krubera said, walking away.

"Uh, sure," Jim muttered, continuing the path to the heartstone.

"Jim. What an odd name for a troll," Otto whispered, watching the young troll run towards the heartstone. Otto, disguised as the Krubera, continued walking around Trollmarket.

Jim finally reached Vendel's workshop.

"Vendel!" Jim called out. "Vendel, I need to speak with you. It's urgent!"

"In here, young one," Vendel responded from another room. Jim followed Vendel's voice and found Vendel sitting at a table next to Ursurna. Jim stopped in his tracks and tried to keep his facial expressions minute. However, he could not control his hackles from rising.

"Who is this, Vendel?" Ursurna asked, looking Jim over.

"This is Jim. He is a trusted ally of the current Trollhunter and to Trollmarket itself," Vendel informed.

"He seems a bit young," Ursurna noted. "I was unaware Trollmarket had any young ones left after the war with Killahead Bridge all those centuries ago."

"Well, yes, Jim is from uh...." Vendel looked to Jim.

"I'm from New Jersey," Jim lied.

"Ah yes, New Jersey," Vendel smiled. "Jim helped defeat Bular alongside the Trollhunter."

"So you allow a child troll to fight? Seems a bit foolish considering how little young ones you have left."

"I'm not a child," Jim pointed out. "I'm capable of defending myself."