Weapons Ready

"So that actually isn't a costume?" Mary asked, sitting in the forge with everyone else. Jim shook his head.

"The wards are up," Douxie said, walking in. "No one is getting in. Though one Krubera is certainly persistent."

"They probably just want to spar with the Trollhunter," Blinky smiled.

"So do they call you Blinky because of how many eyes you have?" Darci asked.

"I," Blinky started. "I don't actually know, Lady Darci."

"This place is so freaking cool!" Eli exclaimed, running around the forge.

"It's okay, I guess," Steve mumbled, though the awe in his eyes was clear as day. "But can I ask why the cat is wearing glasses?"

"Seriously, Steve? The cat can talk, yet you're asking why the cat wears glasses?" Mary asked.

"Uh, yeah!" Steve replied.

"I have bad eyesight," Archie replied, turning into a dragon and flying up into the air and landing on Douxie's shoulders.

"I can't believe you were hiding an entire world, Claire!" Darci exclaimed. Claire smiled and shrugged.

"How do you not go blabbing to people?" Mary asked.

"You practice and get good at lying," Claire responded.

"What are those statues around the forge?" Eli asked.

"Past Trollhunters," Aaarrrgghh rumbled.

"Yes. Whenever a Trollhunter is felled, their bodies are rebuilt and placed around the forge," Blinky informed.

"So you fight surrounded by dead Trollhunters. Ew," Steve said. "But also cool."

"So you said you train in this forge?" Mary asked.

"Yep. We get strong, work on our metal," Toby grinned, flexing his arm.

"Where are the weapons?" Mary asked.

"We put those away before you guys got here," Jim informed.

"Aw," Eli frowned.

"Anyways, we wanted to talk to all four of you at once," Douxie began, standing in front of the group. "As you know, you have to keep this a secret. But now you are part of this world which means you can run the chance of being targeted by a bad guy."

"So, that means you need to be able to defend yourselves," Jim finished. "You're here, in this forge, to learn basic self-defense."

"Really?" Steve asked excitedly.

"Does that mean we get weapons?" Eli asked excitedly.

"Not for the first part of training. But for the second part, you will be getting a weapon and learning how to train with it. Once we go over proper safety!"

___

"That blasted wizard is very consistent with putting up Wards," Otto grunted.

"So no luck getting into their training sessions?" Ursurna asked, taking a sip from her drink.

"Don't get smart with me, Queen Ursurna," Otto growled. "Today, the Trollhunter brought in four more humans! Four!"

"They certainly are busy," Ursurna noted.

"Yes. Is the plan ready to be set in motion?" Otto asked. "We must not delay any longer. The Trollhunter is getting stronger every second we do not act."

"Of course. I'll distract Vendel and get him out of his workshop. You take Vendel's form and steal a Horngazle from the workshop. Easy," Ursurna sighed.