Touch-A-Truck-athon

"So, are you ready for the Truck-athon, TP?" Claire asked.

"I've gone to the bathroom six times!" Toby responded. "My bladder better not betray me when we start."

"Steve is going to be a problem," Claire noted.

"I know. But I'm ready," Toby said determinedly. "When is Jim leaving to go get the Killstone?"

"Soon. Jim said that he would probably not contact us until he got the stone," Claire supplied.

"So it's just us?" Toby asked.

"For the foreseeable future, yes," Claire replied. "How long is the Truck-athon going to last?"

"Jim said it took about four hours," Toby answered. "What are you going to do while I do this?"

"Homework, maybe some light reading. Of course, when I don't have class," Claire shrugged.

"It's fascinating how you can be one of the most interesting people I know and also be the most boring person I know," Toby stated. Claire scoffed and lightly smacked him on the arm.

"Go do your truck thing. I'll watch from the sidelines," Claire said.

"You got it, sister," Toby finger gunned before walking to the outside of the school where the Truck-athon was taking place.

"Ah, finally, we can begin," Uhl said. Toby was the last one to arrive. "Nominees, take your place at the truck. Place your hand on the vehicle. Should you cease contact with it at any time, you will be eliminated."

"Hey, Dumb-zalski! Where's Lake?" Steve questioned harshly. Toby gave an odd look.

"He's at home. Why do you care?" Toby barked back.

"Well, since he's your best friend and all you'd think that he'd show up to your first challenge," Steve covered.

"And where are your friends?" Toby responded. Steve glared, and the other nominees ooo'd.

"Whatever, buttsnack! I downed ten energy drinks, so there is no way you can beat me! I can go all night!"

"Aren't you worried about needing the bathroom?" Mary asked.

"I've got it covered," Steve smiled cockily.

"Ew! Are you wearing a diaper?" Shannon asked, disgusted.

"Bet you guys didn't think of a genius idea like me!" Steve laughed. Everyone threw Steve disgusted looks.

"The Touch-A-Truck-athon begins!" Uhl pointed.

Everyone stood there, hand on the truck, not talking. The nominees all stared at each other awkwardly. Toby silently groaned to himself. This was going to be a while.

About half an hour later, Mary was already getting flighty.

"When do we get a pee break?" Mary asked, sounding strained.

"That's the point, Miss Wang. There are none," Uhl replied.

"Doesn't anyone have to go?" Mary frowned, looking around the truck.

"Depends," Steve grinned. Everyone knew what he did.

"Ew, Steve!" Shannon shrieked.

"Anyone ready to give up?" Steve asked.

"Are you?" Toby countered.

"Not on your life---"

"This isn't worth it!" Mary exclaimed, removing her hand from the truck.