Just a Regular Day

"Right this way," Archie said, prancing up to a door. Jim pushed the door open and immediately felt Claire wrap her arms around his neck and hug him tightly.

"Hey, Claire," Jim smiled, hugging her back.

"I missed you," Claire mumbled into his shoulder.

"Missed you too," Jim responded.

"Wow, no love for me?" Douxie joked as Archie jumped up onto a pile of books next to him.

"Hey, Doux," Jim said. "Hey, Steve."

"What's up, Lake?" Steve returned.

"So," Douxie began, clapping his hands together. "I think now that we're here, we should come up with a plan moving forward."

"Right," Jim nodded. "Things are already so different."

"This note doesn't offer much guidance either," Douxie frowned, looking at the note from his future self. Jim suddenly heard snoring and turned to see another Douxie passed out on the ground.

"Uh?"

That was all Jim managed to say.

"Just ignore him," Claire dismissed. "Jim, have you thought about how you were going to talk to Deya?"

"I actually sorta have already," Jim stated. "You're looking at the cook who makes and feeds the trolls down in the dungeons."

"Well, that's lucky!" Steve exclaimed.

"So you've talked to Callista?" Douxie questioned.

"I mean, I have. But Cal didn't say anything back to me. Probably because I'm a human," Jim hypothesized.

"Are we going to do a jailbreak again?" Steve questioned. "That be awesome!"

"I think we'll have to," Jim nodded. "After all, we need Deya, The Deliverer."

"The question is, when do we break the trolls out of jail?" Claire questioned. "And how? I could portal them out? Or would we have to break the trolls out like last time?"

"Also, good questions that I don't have the answer to," Douxie frowned.

"What if we do something wrong? What if we screw the entire timeline up!" Jim panicked.

"We won't," Douxie soothed. "It'll just be different. I mean, as long as we get from point A to point B, we'll be alright."

"Yeah! Besides, Lake, you're basically the king of time. Literally, since you wield that shiny sword that Arthur has. I think you'd be the last person to screw up anything related to time," Steve said.

"Steve's right," Claire conceded. "You went back in time to save a lot of people, and look how far you've come. We won't mess this up."

Jim smiled, and his shoulders relaxed.

"Let's take this one step at a time," Douxie said. "Jim, keep trying to make friends with Callista. We need her to trust us. Steve, keep training with Lancelot, and Claire, train with Morgana. And I will continue to work with Merlin. As soon as I figure out what we need to do, I'll tell you all."

"You got it," Jim nodded. "I should probably head back and finish cleaning up. I think Chef Gregor will kill me if I don't."

"Yeah, Chef Gregor was always a force to be reckoned with," Douxie sighed. "Good luck, Jim."

"Thank you," Jim nodded. "Bye, Claire."

Claire kissed Jim.

"Bye, Jim," Claire responded.