museum

Y/N STOPPED BY THE mail box that was located on the first floor of her apartment complex

Y/N STOPPED BY THE mail box that was located on the first floor of her apartment complex. It was a warm, fall day. The trees were turning golden and auburn, the heat wave finally ending in Japan. She pulled out her mailbox key, unlocking her box.

She opened it, a single envelope placed inside. Her eyebrows knitted together. "I have mail?"

She slowly took it out, reading the back to see who it was from. Her heart stooped down to her feet and back up to her chest, an arising emotion of both excitement and anxiety becoming present.

"...Dad?"

. . .

Hey sweetheart!

I hope you're doing okay. I know you are. But I know you're still mad at me for banning you from coming to see me, but I don't like a young girl like you showing up to a prison!

I miss you a lot.

Happy 16th birthday my beautiful lotus. I asked security to kindly send this on you birthday, but who knows if this will arrive on time.

I have a present for you. In the envelope are two tickets to the Tokyo Art Museum. Take a look around.

I love you.

A smile of comfort spread across y/n's face, her reading the letter over and over again. "...I love you too, dad..."

She reached her fingers inside the envelope. He was right. There were two ADMIT tickets to the Tokyo Art Museum. Tickets for an art exhbit...I wasn't as into art as my mom was...I wonder why he chose this as my present...

"...Who am I gonna take?"

"If you aren't gonna call me Smiley, then you can call me Nahoya! No need for the formal crap!"

"Huh that's you?" Draken's head fell to the side. "I didn't recognize ya in those clothes."

"O-Oh, I'm Hanagaki Takemichi!"

"Oh. My name is Baji."

"Yeah, I'm Chifuyu! You remember me! That makes me happy!"

"It's true. I, Hanma Shuji, consider her to be such a dear companion of mine."

Once he was done, Mitsuya turned to y/n with a grin, asking, "What was she like? Your mother?"

"...That's so cool...You look nice with straight and curly hair." Mikey smiled.

Y/n's shoulders dropped. "...I'm banned from speaking with them...So they're out of the question...

I wonder if Rei is availabe!"

"Rei!!"

The girl heard her name being called, y/n waving at her as she skipped towards her with a big smile. She was wearing the most "artsy" outfit she had in her closet, that being a white cardigan with black overalls that stopped just above her knees, along with a white purse. Her red hair was pulled up into a bun, two strands pulled out from the sides.

Rei started to grin as y/n caught up to her, them meeting outside the art building. "You look cute,
y/n."

"Aw, thanks! You look amazing too, Rei! I've always been jealous of how slim your legs look in skirts!" She admired, making Rei's cheeks turn a dark red.

"Y-Yeah, you tell me way too much."

"Want to go in?"

"Ready when you are."

The two girls took a self guided tour through the art exhibits, seeing paintings of all types, structures, and other forms of art

Jessie took y/n and Rei to this museum a few times. Jessie was an artist herself. Y/n only ever saw her mom painting at home, but didn't know if she did it as an actual job or if it was just a hobby.

She was talented, though. For Rei's birthday, Jessie painted a portrait of her and y/n playing on the playground. Rei treasured it forever.

As the two of them walked through the open space, y/n had an urge to look to the left, there being a smaller room. "...Rei, let's go see what's in there." She whispered, being respectful of those who were examining and studying the art.

"Hm? Oh, okay."

Y/n led the way, walking under the doorway to the dimly lit room. To the right, was a large painting on the back wall, a single light above it illuminating the life size canvas. Y/n froze, her eyes shrinking.

"So what's in...here..." Rei trailed off, turning to the painting.

It was an oil painting of a pink lotus floating on blue water, the flower taking up most of the canvas. As
y/n walked closer, she could vividly see just how bright the colors were. How soft the strokes were.

Looking to the left of the frame, was a small silver placard, which had the name of the painting and the artist.

The Lotus's 16th
Jessie L/n

"...No way..." Y/n muttered.

"Jessie planned your birthday present...8 years ahead?" Rei whispered.

Y/n's eyes stung. But she refused to cry. If she did, she wouldn't be able to see the outstanding painting her mother left for her.

Rei wrapped her arm around y/n, holding her to her chest. They admired the painting silently with each other, enjoying not just each other, but the presence of Jessie. All three of them were together again.

"...Mom is amazing." Y/n spoke, her voice wavering.

"...Yeah, she is..." Rei agreed.