crash

REI NERVOUSLY SAT IN THE DRIVER seat of the van, tapping her fingers on the steering wheel

REI NERVOUSLY SAT IN THE DRIVER seat of the van, tapping her fingers on the steering wheel. "Kisaki says, as soon as you see the motorcycle, step on the gas. As soon as you see the motorcycle, step on the gas. As soon as you—"

She kept repeating those words to herself.

"Aanya, where is the van that we're supposed to go in? I thought Kisaki said it would be parked on 5th, but it wasn't

"Aanya, where is the van that we're supposed to go in? I thought Kisaki said it would be parked on 5th, but it wasn't." Akira shouted over the engine of the motorcyle, her arms wrapped around his waist as Aanya drove the bike.

"Not sure! But we gotta hurry, before our we miss our cue!"

"Yeah...Aanya..." She whispered, falling into his back and hugging him tightly. "...I don't wanna do this...I don't wanna die..."

"...Me either..."

"...But I want y/n to be truly happy...If she loses her dad, her purpose for Sweet Lotus...then..."

"It'll fall apart...I know...But hey! I hope I get reincarnated into a lily!!"

"...What?"

"A lily, remember?! It's what y/n said her mom would've called me!!"

Akira laughed against him, playing with his long hair as it flew in the wind. "...Then I hope I turn into a lily as well...I hope y/n won't hate us for this."

"She could never hate us...And that's the worst part about this whole thing..."

As he turned the corner, a pair of bright white lights flashed on, a van pressing on its gas.

"As soon as you see the motorcycle, step on the gas. As soon as you--"

People on the sidewalks watched the car zoom through the street, directly towards the motorcycle.

Akira looked up, the lights flashing against the lenses of her glasses. "...Aanya?!"

"What the heck!?!?" He screamed. The road was too narrow to do a U-turn, so he was only left with one option;

to keep going forward.

Rei was in a dazed state. It wasn't until last minute,

that she realized who she was about to murder.