-08-

Murasakibara Atsushi. 

"Mu-ra-sa-ki-ba-ra-kun" Runi starts for the third time and I finally turn around, she's been walking behind me for the last couple of minutes trying to get my attention.

It's funny to act like I don't see her.

I even looked over my shoulder a couple times but pretended that I didn't see her, she pouts when I do that.

"What do you want?" I put another pocky in my mouth, turn around and look down on her, she's been awfully active for the last week, it's already Friday. She's been following me around all week, tugging on my shirt if I ignore her. Not that it matters, she's so light, like she's made of cotton candy.

Her cast got removed as well a couple days ago as well, which means that she can hit me with both hands now.

She runs in front of me, forcing me to stop walking in order to not bump into her. 

"Don't try to ignore me!" She hits my arm and points at my face "you can't ignore me just because you're so tall!"

"Heh... What did you say? I can't hear you from down there..." I continue to walk towards the stairs but she beats me to it. 

 "I was wondering if you want to play basketball together after school" she's roughly on the same height as me now, it's weird.

"Heh... But we don't have practice today.." I put another pocky in my mouth and look at her. Why does she want to play basketball with me? Why not with Muro-chin, he is he one who tought her. 

"Yea I know.." She looks down at her shoes for a bit "but I haven't played with someone else in a while" she looks at me again "and you are fun to play with Mura-kun" she smiles brightly at me.

The last time we played together she managed to steal the ball from me, twice, it might seem like nothing but it's quite a big deal.  And I wasn't going that easy on her. 

She's something else. 

I haven't seen that focused Aka-chin look in her eyes again. But I know one thing for sure, I don't want to be in the way when she get's angry. 

"Fine then.." I continue walking on the stairs and ruffle her hair when I pass her "but I won't go easy on you Yeno-chin." I'm taking two steps at a time where she only takes one, but she keeps up. 

I never once heard her complain that I walk too fast when we are walking together, or when I don't see her in time and bump into her, she fell down quite a couple times but got on her feet immediately with a big smile on her face. 

Yeno-chin is really cool, even though she's so tiny. 

Class goes by in a heartbeat, I ate some really good potato chips with curry flavour. Yeno-chin gave them to me, I wonder how she got them. 

The bell rings and Yeno-chin and I head to the gymnasium. She even brought a pair of wide sweat pants and a big t shirt with her so that she can move more freely. 

She put some of the same blue tape on her wrist as she had on her ankle that one time, her hair is pulled back in a ponytail and reaches until her waist. "Can we play with two baskets?"

"Heh..." That's so much trouble.. But she looks so excited. "Fine.. I take this side.. Yeno-chin you can start" I pass her the ball and stand before her "we play til 10." 

She creates some distance between us by stepping backwards and then proceeds to shoot, I simply smash the ball out of the air, and grab it afterwards. 

I dribble to the other hoop but frown when the ball is missing after a couple steps. I immediately turn around and see that the ball is already flying trough the air. It goes trough the hoop without touching the sides. 

When did she steal the ball? A frown appears on my face, I didn't even notice her running after me. 

She looks around and smiles. 

She's standing so far away from the hoop, how did she make that shot? 

"Heh... Yeno-chin you got better" the words slip my mouth before I can rethink them. But she did get better, how much has she been practicing? 

"Thank you Mura-kun!" She runs away to get the ball and passes it to me. She stands in position and looks at me. 

I dribble the ball besides me and think, she's fast. I need to use force if I want to dunk the ball, but she's so tiny.. 

I broke her wrist once, I don't want to break her leg. 

The second I look back at her a shiver runs down my spine, she has that focused look again. As if she's predicting my moves. 

And she did, because when I moved the ball to my other hand she stole it. 

The final stand was 10-8, I barely won from her. 

It's true that I didn't use as much strength as I would have used against anyone else. But she's fast, and tiny. Which wouldn't seem as a positive thing when playing basketball. And it really isn't. But she somehow manages to make it work for her advantage... 

She would be a terrifying opponent if she'd have more experience with playing against other people. 

She should play with us during practice sometime. 

We are currently sitting outside on a bench near the convenience store, the popsicles where on sale and we decided to buy a box. Which means that she eats at most three and I eat the remaining seven or even nine depending on the amount of popsicles in the box.. 

I can't wait to see how she'd be in a one on one against Ki-chin or Mine-chin. I doubt that she would win from them but they would probably give her some ideas and inspiration, which can only make her stronger. 

She should talk with Kuro-chin, no. She should play together with Kuro-chin against Mine-chin and Ki-chin, that would be funny to watch. They are both so tiny... 

It's hard to contain a laugh when I think about that. 

"Oi Mura-kun." She says after a while. 

It's already dark outside, there is almost no one on the streets as well. How late is it? We finished the box a while ago.

"Hmm.." 

"Can you walk with me when I go home.." Her voice is soft, and when I look at her she's looking at the ground. 

Is she scared?

Her apartment is maybe a twenty minute walk from here, and she lives nearby my house..

"Sure" I stand up and put my hands behind my head "let's go. It's getting late." 

We walk walk in silence, but she's walking closer to me than before, she's also constantly staying between me and the wall. 

But nothing happens on the way to her house, except for a couple people crossing the quiet street when they saw me walking towards them. But that's nothing new. 

It was kinda nice, knowing that she came home safe.

-------------------------

1100 words!! ;)

If you have requests, ideas or things you would like to read, just sent me a private message or comment in the comments! 

Thank you for reading!