-36-

School had to continue as usual, and it kinda sucked. My mind wasn't where it was supposed to be since the practice match, it was over a month ago but I'm still not over it, my chest never  stopped hurting and to make everything worse, I failed an English test. 

And that's bad. 

A deep sigh leaves my lips when I look up to the pink coloured sky, it's already getting late.. I should hurry up and go home before it gets dark... 

I've been practicing way too much lately, I can't remember the last time that I had a decent meal... Or a full eight hours of sleep. 

"Oi" Someone grabs me by the shoulder and spins me around. And there you have the two faces that I managed to avoid since I re-enrolled here..

My ex best friends Kiruhara and May. 

"Do you really think you can just come back and act all high and mighty?" May steps forward, she didn't change one bit. We went to middle school together and we were always together, that was until she met Kiruhara. 

They both look so angry, I don't get it. They were the ones who started avoiding me, they were the ones who told me that they didn't want to spend any time with me anymore and that I should just move. 

So I did. 

"Heh.. Are you really so stupid that you can't answer?" Kurihara decides to join in as well. 

I can only stare at them. 

What did I do that was so wrong? 

May huffs, she does that when she's angry, usually before she..

Leaves. 

This sight seems familiar, their backs towards me while they walk away.. 

A deep sigh leaves my lips while I let myself slide down the wall to hug my knees. Everything is getting all messed up lately, everything seems to be my fault but I can't seem to figure out why. 

I rest my forehead on my arms and close my eyes. 

Maybe I should just move again, to the US or maybe Europe.. Starting over doesn't sound like a bad idea. 

"Stupid Atsushi.." I mumble under my breath.

"Heh... What did I do?" That voice.. It even sounds like him. 

Wait. 

I quickly look up, expecting nothing but air but the universe seems to hate me. Murasakibara Atsushi is standing in front of me, wearing a Rakuzan school uniform. 

"Heh?!" I jump up "what are you- but ho- no what are you doing here?! Aren't you supposed to be in Akita?!" I frown, what about his mom? Did he move here? What is going on...

Murasakibara scratches his head "I transferred. But they didn't put me in the same class as you.." He pouts "today was my second day."

"But.. How?!" His grades weren't that spectacular back then.. It must be because he's a great basketball player. Winning is Rakuzan's top priority.

"My grades were okay, and Aka-chin helped me. So here I am" He looks the same as always, like a gentle lazy giant. 

I don't know how I'm supposed to react to that. Seijuro knew about this? He and I should have a talk first thing tomorrow.

"Why did you decide to transfer here? What about your family? And your team?!" Why did he do this?

 He leans with his upper arm against the wall behind me and looks down to meet my gaze "I was serious when I said that I would make you mine. There was too much distance between us and this was the easiest way to make it disappear." His childish tone is nowhere to be found. A small sigh leaves his lips before he takes a step backwards, creating space between us. 

How do you respond to that? 

Kurihara and May appear again, as if on cue. It's almost like they have a special gift to know when I'm on my worst. 

"Yeno-chan who is that?" May asks with such a high pitched voice that it could shatter a glass. 

"He's-" I start but Murasakibara interrupts me. 

"I'm her boyfriend."