-17-

Murasakibara Atsushi

Yeno-chin is completely worn out by the time we head to the hotel, her head leans on my shoulder and hold her legs to make sure she doesn't fall off my back. 

One of her hands rests on top of my head and is playing with my hair, don't ask me why though.

"Mura-kun..." She mumbles "can I braid your hair... It's soft.." 

"Sure. But you have to sleep first" she played three times in total against Kaga-chin and twice against Mine-chin, I don't know how she managed to keep standing. She tripped the second they left and she's been hanging on my back since. 

"Okay.." She yawns a bit "thanks for carrying me..." 

I nod. 

I know absolutely nothing about her, what happened to her before she transferred to Yosen, and which school did she attend before? Muro-chin said that she had family troubles but why? 

What is her favourite colour? Does she prefer dogs over cats and why does she play the violin? 

It's frustrating. 

"Where did you go before you went to Yosen?" The words left my mouth before I could think twice about it. 

"Heh.." She sounds like me "Rakuzan.. Didn't I tell you?" She's talking slowly, as if she needs to remember the words. 

She must be exhausted. 

"Do you know Aka-chin?" 

"You mean Akashi Seijuro?" She lifts her head from my shoulder for a bit "I've seen him.. I don't personally know him though... But our families are close"

Heh.

Isn't Aka-chin like, super rich?

"How?" 

"My family is.. Prosperous.." She holds up her finger "I'm not though.. They can all go to hell if you ask me.." 

"What happened?" I turn my head a bit to look at her. 

"They kicked me out." She puts her head back on my shoulder. 

We enter the Hotel and head up to the rooms, she booked two connected rooms and we are currently sitting in mine. Because that's where the snacks are.  

"But why would they kick you out?" I frown, we are sitting on the bed and are enjoying the food my mom made for us. 

She shrugs "I don't know. It's not like it really matters though, I've always wanted to leave, and I did." 

"Is that why you transferred to Yosen?" I tilt my head a bit. 

"You are awfully talkative" she squints her eyes at me "why?"

Now it's my time to shrug "just curious." 

She lays down on the bed and looks at the ceiling "my father left with another woman.. maybe two years ago.. my mother remarried the man she had an affair with.. he is a jerk.. my best friends started to avoid me.. so I decided to move twelve hours away from them" she says it like it's the most normal thing in the world.

She sits up again and steals some of my potato chips. 

"Why would they start to avoid you?" She's awesome, she's funny, cool and sweet. She never backs down from a fight even if it terrifies her. 

She looks at her hands "they fell in love with each other.." she whispers "they started to exclude me from their plans.. I understand though.. I wouldn't be with me as well if I had a boyfriend I could spend time with.." she shakes her head a little "my best friend and I got into a fight when she said that I was too handicapped to even be able to love someone or something.. She said that she was friends with me because she pitied me.. later that day she told me to disappear from her life.. so I did.." she stays silent for a while. 

"when I told my mother she said that I would never find someone who would care about me.. that I would never be worthy of someone's love or attention and that her life would've been better if I wasn't in it.. I moved out the next day.. she drove me to the airport." she's avoiding my gaze and I can see a tear fall down her cheek. 

I quickly wipe it away. "I'll crush anyone who tries to hurt you." 

She looks at me with a small frown "w-why?"

"Because we are friends." It hurts to say that out loud. "Nobody gets to touch even a hair on your head." 

She smiles a bit "this means that I'll stick annoyingly close to you. You are my human shield." 

That's right. I'm her shield. Anyone who wants to touch her has to pass me first.

And I'll crush them.