1

I couldn't forget that day. That incident. That embarrassing incident. The day I accidentally went with Shikamaru to suna for a mission. The day Kankuro offered to take me to his place for a few drinks. I clutched my head in fustration. The day that I walked in on sunas kazekage taking a bath. The day i didn't apologize, instead I laughed at the sight before me. I groaned. Who wouldn't laugh at the sight of the powerful gaara with a bag over his hair to keep from wetting it, and a pink sponge? I was too tipsy. I looked out the window of the hokages office, remembering that horrible incident. It happened a week ago. I was never going to suna again, no, never again. I couldn't face Gaara. I had fallen in the midst of my laughter and Kankuro had to drag me out. When i came to, i bolted straight for konoha, not even waiting for Shikamaru or apologizing for my behavior to the kazekage. I sighed and stared out over Konoha. It was a beautiful day. It has been a while since pain destroyed konoha. But now it was rebuilt. We were threatened with war, by none other than Orochimaru and the few remaining members of the akatsuki. What was the point of rebuilding konoha if we were going to be attacked again? I couldn't help but feel hopeless.

But naruto...Naruto would'nt give up. He would protect everyone no matter what. I smiled.

"Someday...I want to protect people too." I whispered. Some day, i'll be the the one to save everyone. I gathered the remaining scrolls that tsunade sama had me organize and set them down in the box in which they belonged.

" Oi, done already?" The voice of the hokage startled me and i jumped.

" Yes tsunade sama!" I handed her the box.

" I see, my that was quick." She walked over to her desk and slumped on her chair. " Since i have no paper work for you today, why don't you go out and take this day off?" I perked up.

"R-Really?" She smirked.

"Sure, and while your at it, go find shikamaru and tell him to come, I need him for a mission."

My eyebrow twitched. So this was the real reason why she gave me a "day off." To go fetch the lazy ass team mate of ino. " Yes tsunade sama!" I left quickly before she could have me join him in the mission. Shikamaru usually ventured to suna, and there was no way in hell I was stepping foot in that village after what happened.

The sun was bright as I stepped out of the hokage's tower, making me squint. The people in konoha were cheerful and totally oblivious to the fact that the second great ninja war was about to come. Maybe it was for the best, but then, maybe it was just me that was tense. Was it because I was always the weak one? I shook my head. No...I wasn't weak anymore, not this time. My boots scraped against the dirt softly. Today was perfect for training, I should train. To get stronger, I didn't have anything important to do anyway.

"Oi Sakura chan!" I stopped and turned to see my blonde friend running in my direction.

"Naruto!" I shouted.