3

When I awoke I was in a dark room tied to a bed. My hands were chained together and white strips of some sort of hard material kept my entire body pressed against the thin mattress. I stared at the ceiling silently. I couldn't properly turn my head forward due to my bindings but I could tell I was in some sort of cell just by staring at the lined shadows on the ceiling, thanks to the dim lamplight from outside the cell.

" H-hey, are you awake?"

I nearly jumped out of my skin upon hearing the voice. Making the mistake of turning my head sideways too fast, I got a horrible whiplash.

" Ow! Who's there?" I could see a figure on the other side of the room.

" Sorry I startled you." The person leaned forward a little so I could get a good look. It was a teenage boy with dark brown hair and wide blue eyes sitting upright on a similar bed, only he wasn't chained but shackled.

" Its fine, Where are we?" I asked. He looked around the room uncertainly.

" Underground, I think." He shifted around the bed.

"So, what are you in here for?" I closed my eyes. I remembered the fight with that blonde man perfectly. Then...nothing. I probably got knocked out and was dragged down here.

"People are saying you attacked commander Erwin." I huffed in anger.

"So that's his name,Hold on, hes the one who assaulted me first! I was only defending myself."

" It doesn't matter, your not from the walls, if your an outsider your going to be kept here or probably killed." He said lowly. I shivered.

" But, I just got lost,and What are you here for anyway?"

He hung his head hopelessly. " They're saying I turned into a titan, but I cant remember anything." He stared at his hands for a moment. Titan...the old man was warning me about that, but he never answered my question.

"Whats a titan?" I asked for the second time. The boys eyes widened in surprise.

"You don't know what a titan is?"

I closed my eyes." No, Where i'm from, I have never heard of such a thing, what is it?" He shook in anger and fear. His hands clenched.

" Nobody knows exactly, we know so little about them, but, they're giants that appeared out of nowhere, more than half of the worlds population were devoured." I glanced at him. He couldn't be serious, giants?

" If you haven't heard of them, from where the hell are you?" He asked suspiciously.

"Konoha, but...I really don't understand what your saying about the worlds population being wiped out, my village is lively and we've never encountered these...titans."