16

Levi was seated in the same table we sat in yesterday when I entered the cafeteria. It was no longer full of people, save for two men cleaning up the counter, the rest of the others must have gone about their way. I stretched and cracked my gloved knuckles. I had my usual attire on from the first day I got here. Since it was sunny for today, and winter was coming, I could take advantage and wear my red top and black tight shorts with my pink skirt now, I wouldn't be able to later on.. I made my way towards the silent man, my boots tapping against the floor as I approached him.

"Levi." I spoke out, standing beside him. He looked up curiously, with a cup of tea in hand. I smiled at him warmly. "Are you busy?"

He set the teacup down and clicked his tongue. "How many times must I say it? It's CORPORAL."

I frowned. "I forget...excuse me if your royal-ness gets offended by not being addressed properly." I half smirked when his eyes narrowed, no doubt tempted to talk back. Yet he didn't, he merely sighed tiredly.

"You're a fussy young woman, what do you want?" He muttered.

I smiled. "Walk with me to Petra's home, I want to see the sakura tree's before they dry out."

He paused for a while, face blank. He was unreadable. "Go by yourself, I don't want to be near her house." He murmured darkly, eyes hidden behind shadows. I gulped. Was I being too rash and selfish In asking? I didn't know what his relationship with Petra was like, but it was obvious her death hurt him, and he was in pain now. Bringing him to where her home was must have been too much. I couldn't help but feel a little disappointed in myself.

"Oh...sorry, I didn't want to go into her home or anything, just close enough to find the trees." I muttered, eyebrows scrunched up. His blank face faltered and his eyes widened.

"Stop that, don't frown." He brought his fingers to the bridge of his nose and he sighed in irritation. " It can't be helped, you're a girl after all."

I frowned in confusion. What was that supposed to mean? I didn't want to force him into anything from empathy based compliance, but he didn't seem to catch my expression. He got up and straightened his cravat, eyeing my attire slyly. "Come on then."

I followed him outside into the bright sunlight and walked beside him as we made our way towards our destination. I studied his sunkissed face carefully. He didn't seem amused to be dragged into this. Still, it was a perfect opportunity to get to know him better and disclose. We took a lonely side path away from the town and headed towards a an open area. "Where does this lead to?" I asked, breaking the silence between us.

"Another town a bit separate from Trost, it's smaller and a lot quieter." He stated bluntly. I sighed. Getting him to talk a lot was going to be harder than I thought.

"I bet Petra liked it that way." I said, aiming a small smile his way. He didn't return it, just stared ahead blankly. I pouted and rose my hands to rest them over my head, my pink locks swayed slightly in the wind. "Have you always been this cold?"