34

Metal clang against metal, grunts and heavy pants filled the air. This was surreal. This whole thing, this whole other world...was created by Obito himself. Kakashi was in the mind of Obito. It was vast, plain, and empty, and it suited him. Right now, Sasuke was fighting him, all reasoning lost. There was nothing else to do. Obito wasn't going to cooperate, and all Kakashi could do was stare at the two fight as he quickly and desperately tried to think of a way to convince Obito to stop all this nonsense.

'Clang'

The steel of Sasuke's sword clashed against Obito's and the two separated once more to gain distance.

"Where is this place?" Kakashi had taken the time to ask that question. Prior to landing here, the silver haired man didn't get to even talk since Sasuke had immediately started fighting as soon as his feet touched the ground. It was dead silent, and there was no wind, Kakashi was sure this must have been some sort of advanced genjutsu similar to Itachi's.

"This place?" Obito repeated in a mocking tone, smiling, making his wrinkles spread to the burned side of his face.

"Yeah...it feels like a genjutsu but...it somehow feels different." Kakashi muttered under his mask.

"It can be a bit of that and a bit of my own abilities, I built this place as my personal sanctuary...do you know why?" Obito's voice echoed throughout the timeless atmosphere as he spread his arms.

Sasuke had stopped his defensive posture and relaxed some, but didn't tear charcoal eyes away from the man before him.

"no..." Kakashi whispered with narrow eyes.

Not a moment longer, a girls voice was heard, a familiar tone that sent shivers down Kakashi's spine and his bones froze to the core. It couldn't be. It was impossible.

"Kakashi!"

It was Rin, the same small Rin from years ago, running towards him from seemingly out of nowhere. She hadn't changed a bit, at twelve years of age. The sound of her shoes slapping against the ground echoed loudly in his eyes, encouraging his mind that she was real. She stopped in front of him with a wide smile that made his heart churn, but did nothing to ease his confusion. Something was obviously wrong, there was no way Rin could still be twelve. She died years ago, this Rin...was just an illusion.

"Oh Obito..." The silvered haired man murmured in pity with shoulders slumped.

Obito laughed out loud, body shaking with the rhythm. "Don't look at me like that Kakashi, this isn't what you make it out to be, you see here Rin is real, my world is real, there is no pain or sadness or war or death, there is nothing here! No sound no time, its only you, its a place where I am able to bask in my own mortality, in my own existance, just me and Rin."

"Rin is dead." Kakashi snapped.

That stopped Obito's laughing altogether, and he sighed deeply. The illusion of the little girl before Kakashi disappeared, and there was silence again.