28

"So you see...That's why I'm handing the title of corporal to you."

Levi eyed Mike with a serious glance. The man looked like he had been mauled by a titan with claws. He was covered in so many bandages it was hard to tell which parts of him were healed by the pink haired girl he thought so much of.

"You think you don't have what it takes to be corporal?" Levi asked with a monotone stare.

Mike shook his head. "I can't even fight one titan, unlike you, who can slaughter the female type, I can barely handle a normal titan, I'm just not cut out for it."

Levi said nothing. He took another drink of red wine and tilted the glass cup left and right to make the liquid swirl. Mike had come all the way to the former scouting legion headquarters that was currently being rebuilt, just to let him know he was resigning as captain and giving the title back to Levi. The raven haired man sighed. It was what Sakura wanted, so he would accept. He would bring down the moon if she told him to. He was that crazy about the girl.

"Okay." Levi said casually from his seat on the wooden table he occupied. There were several other scouting legion members around him, but most of the men that took up the rooms space was the police force. Levi had gathered them in the building to make them move their asses. All they ever did was stay withing the safety of the inner walls while his troops risked their lives outside battling so that the useless people that made up the police force could live like the cowards they were.

Of course they were against it, they were afraid. They argued that they had no experience and the only response Levi could think of was that they would die when the time finally came when the last wall crumbled if they were that incompetent. They couldn't argue against that. No one said the truth had to be pretty.

"Just like that you accept, you're just as simple as ever Levi." Mike said with a slight smirk.

Levi put down his drink and stomped his foot, bending to Mikes Level. "That's corporal Levi to you."

They Mike gave a laugh, wincing slightly at the shoulder pain the action caused. "You're just as scary as ever too."

It was in that moment that the door to the building opened and a member of the scouting legion rushed inside, falling to his knees as he panted loudly. There were visible wounds on his body and a small river of blood fell from his head and over his cheekbones.

His voice came out rough as he spoke. "S-Something big happened in the outer walls! The recruits have gathered to figure out how to deal with the fact that there was no breach in the wall...among those were the two traitors we have been looking for all along! The armored titan and the colossal titan!"

Levi's eyes went wide, and the room fell silent. Jean, who was sitting across the room with the police rose up swiftly from his spot and grabbed the bloody man from the collar of his shirt. "Who were they!" He demanded with a pained expression. He knew the possibility was there...but he never wanted to acceot the fact that there were two more spies withing the survey corps like Hanji had predicted.