10

I've been running for a while now. Levi had me stop by the spot where his team's corpses lay, only to find them missing.

"Erwin must have collected their bodies, keep going." The dark haired man ordered. My eyes lingered on the blood splattered tree before heading towards the path we came from. How could Levi speak so calmly about his squads dead bodies so casually. Did he care? It was so hard to read him, his face never betrayed his emotions. However, just very briefly, I could see a flicker of anger. His way of grieving was through wrath, much like Sasuke. I hated the similarities between the two.

"What's going to happen to Eren?" Mikasa broke the silence, save for the sound of my feet stomping on the ground.

Levi sighed. "I don't know, but worrying about it isn't going to solve anything."

Mikasa sulked, caressing Eren's back sensually. "What about her?" She glanced at me quickly. Levi didn't say anything. His silence was killing me. What was going to happen to me indeed…I was painfully nervous. Still, it was just as Levi said, the more I worried the more stressed I was going to be. Worrying wasn't going to solve my problem, for now, I just had to keep going. The forest was a blur the faster I ran, my pink locks flew wildly around my head. I should tell them the truth. I wasn't going to get anywhere by lying. If anything, it would make things worse. As hard as it would be to believe, I hoped they could understand. I knew Hanji for sure wasn't going to hesitate to buy my wild story, knowing how eccentric she was.

"We're almost there, slow down." Levi instructed. I ceased my running and took to a slow jog. My eyes scanned the floor. Strange…there weren't any horse's foot prints on the dirt. Where were they? A wave of uneasiness bubbled in the lower pit of my stomach. It was ominous that Levi was taking this so lightly. I just turned into a giant skinless titan and he hops on my shoulder to use me as a human horse? I was expecting him to attack, or at least hurl accusing insults my way. The way he was behaving was not a normal response, it was as if he was expecting me to turn. Something was up. I could see daylight at the other side of the path, we were near the end of the forest. I stopped jogging and took long strides, the light of the afternoon sun becoming clearer, the shadows of the forest diminishing. My nervousness grew with each step. Levi was going to get me out, but how exactly? Considering the fact that we were targeting the back of the female titan's neck, her real body was probably in there, she had her hands covering that spot. So…my real body was at the back of my neck as well. I pressed a large hand under my hair gently. I couldn't feel it at all. I was completely disconnected to it. Was Levi just going to slash open my neck? He could seriously cut me in the process, there's no telling how far in my body is.

"Alright, Mikasa, let's get off here." Levi took Eren by the waist and used the remaining gas he had left to hop down. Mikasa followed. I took small steps, careful not to step too close to them as they walked to the side of the path. What was he doing? Wasn't he going to get me out? An explosion startled me, I nearly jumped out of my skin. Wires shot towards me, stabbing through my body from different angles. I didn't even have time to react as someone shouted something incoherent. A huge spike filled net was thrown over me. My knees buckled, causing me to fall and land on them. What was going on?! Once the smoke cleared I could see Erwin and Hanji, along with all the other members of the survey corpse scattered around me, swords in each hand. So it was a trap…Levi purposely led me here to capture me. I felt betrayed. I strained against the wires that bound me. I was in a kneeling position so my face was pretty close to the head commander, he stared seriously, watching me struggle with my bindings. It didn't hurt, but I didn't want to be kneeling at such an awkward angle. It was disgraceful. Levi walked up to the handsome blonde, eyeing me wearily.