32

I couldn't believe it. This couldn't be true. Sasuke returned? The mere thought was ridiculous. Partway because half of me was in utter disbelief and the other half was angry that the smug bastard had chosen to return when I had given up trying to convince him to come back. As if he wad mocking me. As if he only left to enjoy the thrill of being chased by us, growing bored when I gave up.

"That's not true...no way..." I muttered in a robotic tone. The others stayed silent, obviously stunned by my sudden change in mood.

"It's true! He came back to help Naruto san! But there is still tension, no one completely trusts him." Katsuyu's small voice spoke out.

My shoulders slumped and I had to sit to think this through. So it was true...but I understood why there would be tension. Sasuke has betrayed us countless times, enough for me to just give up on him. He wasn't going to change and that left me bitterly angry at him. "He's up to something." I said flatly.

Katsuyu said nothing. "Probably trying to get close to Naruto to kill him." I continued, my eyes were fixated on the lone torch stuck to the ground. The possibilities were endless. Why did he even chose to return now? What did he have in mind? What was he up to? What was going on in that arrogant head of his?

"I need to go now, this climate is too dry...I will tell Tsunade sama about this and I will report back to you." The slug said meekly in an apologetic tone.

I nodded and watched as she disappeared in a puff of smoke, making the others gasp and mumble in awe. I didn't care. My mind was too preoccupied with what I just found out.

"Sakura?" Eren's worried voice made me look up at him. His dirty hair looked wild in the light of the torch and there were dark circles under his eyes.

I didn't have to look in the mirror to know I looked grimy and dirty too. I could feel my skin and scalp itch. A shower was much needed. "I'm okay."

"So you're gonna have to wait for feedback huh?"Connie asked curiously.

"Yeah...in the meantime." I whispered wearily. I got up steadily, unsuccessfully trying to wipe the dried mud sticking to the soles of my boots.

"Hey look, it's Christa, shes awake." Jeans voice rang out. I turned to see the solemn petite walking towards us in between the busy crowd. She looked grim, eyes down cast and dull. She must have still been upset about Ymir leaving us for Reiner.

"Hi Christa, how are you feeling?" Connie asked slowly, with a hint of concern in his voice once the girl reached us.

Nappy bangs slid across her small forehead as she looked up. "My name is not Christa." Was her flat response, making Connie flinch and the rest of us gawk. Blue eyes swept over each of the crowd until they landed on Eren and I. "My real name is Historia...Eren, Sakura, please come with me." She spoke out a little more softly this time. Her sky blue orbs glistened in the torches light as she pleaded silently.