29

I knew that Ymir was an impatient individual but I didn't think she would have gone this far. She had threatened all of us a few minutes ago, in such a deranged fashion that I began to question her sanity. She had said that she would fight us all if we neglected to retrieve Christa, even if she injured Eren and I in the process. When asked why, she merely stated Christa was the one that smiled at her and was kind to her, even while knowing what kind of person ymir was. It was understandable, in fact, it was normal to feel this way about someone who has shown you kindess. What I didn't understand was when she said she didn't care about Christa's future, she wanted her, needed her, even if it meant destroying Christa's happiness, Ymir would cage her in and keep her all to herself. It didn't sound like love anymore, it sounded like obsession. The kind of nasty obsession Orochimaru had for Sasuke.

And so here we were, silently contemplating whether or not we should ditch her. Hanging from the trees and staring at her impatiently. Her body was protruding from the back of her titan forms neck as she hung from a nearby tree opposite of ours.

She smiled eerily, gleaming white teeth showing as she spoke. "What...Don't get mad, I do have a plan, I'll fight as well so it will be easier to get away than it is now."

"We can't risk it for Christa now..." Reiner muttered with hot steady breaths.

Ymir's smile faltered. She growled with anger. "So are we gonna fight here and kill ourselves?! Huh?! Just try me!"

Mt ears perked up at the sudden and familiar sound of hooves. They were coming, and from the sound of it, they were already on gears within the forest. My heart surged and my eyes widened. I hoped Levi was alright.

"We don't have time for this, we need to move now, Ymir, you can do what you want but right now my priority is getting Eren out of here, and I can only ask for your help..." Reiner breathed out with determination.

Ymir stayed silent, eyes shut and brows furrowed as she thought deeply. "Go ahead, I will stay behind as a distraction." She muttered after a long moment of silence and the sound of rustling leaves.

Reiner shook his head. "No way we can't trust you, how do I know you wont just run off..."

She smiled slyly at him then. "You don't."

I could see the veins of Reiner's neck rising. He was getting fed up with Ymir. "Don't linger for long, we'll be waiting." He muttered in agreement, although the tone of complete defeat was evident in his voice. He wasn't very happy with this idea but we had no other choice.

"Don't linger for long yourself, the clock is ticking." Ymir said with a tone of glee. She loved having things go her way, it was obvious.

Bertholdt, who was hesitant at first, jumped ahead, making me gasp and hold on to his shoulders tightly with the sudden movement that brought the cold wind against my face. It wasn't raining anymore but it was cold as hell. Reiner followed with a grunt, not bothering to look back at the small titan that clung to the trees as support from tumbling down into the king sized zombies.