19

I was dead tired. Mike's leg took two whole hours to heal. It was much more worse than I expected, with the bone completely crushed and arteries was a difficult procedure, but in the end I managed to put it back together with immense concentration. I swiped my messy bangs away from my face and stared at my handiwork. It was like his leg never got injured in the first place, except there was a strange redness on his ankle. He would need proper medication if it got an infection from too much exposure to outside bacteria, and I didn't have that right now. I cursed myself for not grabbing my pouch before coming here. I was in too much of a hurry to remember to bring it...and now when I needed it the most. For now, Mike was just going to have to sleep through the swelling. At least his leg was good as new, it was crushed before...I was able to save it from being amputated and I felt relieved to know he didn't have to spend the rest of his life in a wheelchair. I got up slowly and stared at the sleeping man displayed on the bed. I had to tear his pant leg to expose the flesh...but I was sure it wouldn't matter that much to him. He was alive. I wet the nearby cloth laying on the small table by the bed and dipped it into the bowl of warm water, then folded it and pressed it into his forehead. He really was cold...but thankfully Sasha's dad was nice enough to lend him a couple of sheets.

I turned to walk towards the door. My chakra was almost depleted, it wasn't a good thing if we ran into trouble, but...it was dark out. Titans slept at night so it shouldn't be too hard to avoid trouble. I opened the door and saw Sasha sitting with her dad in a nicely decorated table. They drank hot tea silently.

"I'm done, he'll be fine now." I stated wearily. They both looked up in surprise.

"Ah...that fast? You really did it, that's an amazing ability you have there young lady." Her father stated with wonder. He had watched me heal when we first set Mike's body down on the bed before I politely asked for privacy. He was making a fuss and I didn't want him waking Mike. Sasha explained to him my ability was part of being a titan and I was greatful. I really didn't feel like explaining my real story. He was surprised enough already.

"Yes, we will have to move on though, we can't stay here till sunrise...the titans will be roaming about." I muttered, propping myself into an empty seat. The old man offered me a cup of the tea and I accepted, sipping the delicious warm liquid.

"The others are outside ready to leave, I have to go with them..Sasha, why not come with us? You and your friend can can come with your leader back to wall sina." He offered hopefully.

Sasha shook her head. "We can't...I, we got separated from the others and it's crucial we find them, but take Mike please, we can't travel with him in that state."

Her father sighed, worry showing all over his face. "Alright...but please, be careful, It's hard to come to terms that you're a soldier with your own duties now... I'm proud of you." He stood up to hug her hard. I could see her huge smile as she moved to hug him back.