Missing Shikamaru Part 2 (babysitter Naruto)

Narutos pov

I stood in the kitchen cooking takeyake. I was taking care of neji until shikamaru got back so I had to cook stuff other than ramin which was kinda hard for me!

I finally finished and wiped the sweat off my brow. Ok time to feed neji!

I found him sitting in the corner hugging his bear with a sad look on his face.

"hey buddy" I slowly approached him "are you still missing shikamaru?"

He nodded with big tears in his eyes.

"well don't worry. He'll be back real soon" I said petting his head "now why don't we have some dinner and then we can watch some TV"

"ok" he nodded looking a little happier.

I took him to the table so we can eat together.

"thank you for the meal!" I yelled as I pulled my chopsticks apart.

"twank you for the mweal" neji copied me to the best of his ability.

We ate together in silence. After we were finished I washed the dishes and helped neji into his pyjamas. After that we snuggled under the blanket and watched dragon ball super our new favourite show.

Neji lay his head down on my shoulder and soon fell asleep. I was about to carry him to bed when hinata rang.

"what's up babe?" I said.

"naruto" I could here the nervousness in her voice "how's neji doing?"

"he's doing great" I said reassuringly "he ate a full meal and is now sleeping on my shoulder"

"oh thank goodness" hinata sighed in relief "thank you for taking care of him naruto"

"no problem. He's going to be my future brother-in-law someday so I got to take care of him"

"oh I guess so" hinata muttered. I bet she's blushing on the other side "anyway I better go. I'll talk to you later"

"ok honey goodbye"

"bye" she hung up.

I looked over at neji who was still peacefully asleep. I picked him up and carried him to the spare bedroom.

"goodnight kiddo"