Five.

Olivia was not feeling well the day that the disagreement between the pack and the Cullen's began

Olivia was not feeling well the day that the disagreement between the pack and the Cullen's began. She had a migraine the whole day and was nauseous, as well as having really bad cramps. She had decided to stay home instead of going to Emily's and was taking a nap when the howls began.

Paul really wanted to rush through his patrol with Jared, knowing that his imprint did not feel well. His plan was to get home as soon as possible, and Jared agreed. In fact, he was about to leave when Jacob shifted and called a pack meeting. Paul groaned mentally, but followed after Jared to the usual meeting spot, both howling to alert Jacob that they were on their way.

Olivia woke up as soon as Paul arrived, hearing the door slam downstairs. She winced at the loud noise, rubbing at her eyes and sitting up. "Paul?"

Her boyfriend looked solemn when he entered their bedroom, pacing anxiously while packing a bag. Olivia didn't push him to tell her what was wrong, though she found herself growing more and more nervous every moment he remained silent. She knew Paul and she knew that his silence meant he was trying to calm himself down before explaining.

Olivia got out of the bed, ignoring the stabbing pain in the back of her skull, and went to his side, gingerly touching his arm. Paul jumped at the contact, having been lost in his thoughts and almost having forgotten that Olivia was in the room. His tensed muscles relaxed under her touch, Paul cradling her face in his free hand. The bag fell from his hand, his attention solely on her.

"Paul, what's going on?" She whispered, the boy sighing.

"She's pregnant, Livs."

"Who?"

"Bella." Olivia froze, her eyes wide. "Bella is pregnant with that bloodsuckers baby."

"But how? Is that even possible?"

Paul shrugged. "Apparently. But it isn't good for her."

Olivia took a deep breath. "How do you know? Aren't they supposed to still be on their honeymoon?"

"They got back early and Jake went to see her. She looked horrible, Livs, she's dying. They don't even know what it is! They all looked so scared, and she wants to keep it! But that's not even the worst part!" Olivia stepped closer to Paul, attempting to calm him down as he had begun to shake.

Instantly, he stopped himself, closing his eyes and controlling his breathing. He took in Olivia's scent, holding her close.

"What's the worst part?" She asked quietly.

"Jake left the pack to defend it."

"What?"

"Livs, I just want you to know that whatever decision you make about this, I won't stop you, okay?"

"Paul." Olivia stepped away from him, frowning. "What do you mean 'defend it'?"

Paul went to their bed, sitting down. "You didn't see what Jake saw, Livs. Whatever Bella's carrying, it doesn't look good. It's killing her, from the inside out and we can't risk it being born and threatening the tribe. So-"

"Sam wants to kill Bella and the baby?"

Paul nodded, Olivia shaking her head. "But you don't know what it is yet. It could be a normal baby! I know Bella isn't great, but killing her?"

"If it's for the good of the tribe, Livs, then it's what we have to do. We don't want to, trust me, but they've left us no choice."

"Jesus." Olivia began to pace, her mind racing and the migraine growing worse. "Did only Jake leave? Or did Embry or Quil go with him?"

Paul shook his head. "Seth followed him right away and while we were planning, Leah left. Embry wanted to go too, but Sam alpha commanded him, and us, to stay. He can't afford to lose anyone else. He isn't himself right now, he's really stressed out about this."

"So, what's the plan?"

"Patrol the woods around the Cullen home, attack as soon as anyone tries to leave. The treaty is void."

Olivia stopped suddenly, turning to him. "So you're leaving? For however long it takes for them to leave or for Bella to give birth?"

"Olivia, I have no choice! The last thing I want to do is leave you, especially when all I want is for you to be kept safe."

"I know." Olivia approached him, grabbing his hand. "I know."

"Look, I won't blame you if you wanna talk to the blondie or bella and support them or whatever. But they are still vampires, Livs, and Sam's plan is to essentially starve them. It isn't safe for you to be around there and if you decide to go there, which again I wouldn't blame you for doing, do it right away and stick with Jacob the whole time. This whole situation is much more dangerous for a human than it is for anyone else."

"Okay. Promise me you'll be safe though?"

"I will. You too, okay? Call blondie before you head over."

Olivia laughed lightly, shaking her head. "I swear that I'll only go today then I'll come back and stay home. I trust Sam's judgement and if he thinks the baby is a threat then the baby is probably a threat."

"Hey." Paul squeezed her hand. "You don't have to choose our side cuz I'm on it. Livs, I want you to decide for yourself if you're on their side or ours. I trust Sam, don't get me wrong, but I trust you more. And the last thing I want is for you to hate me for blindly following Sam."

"Oh my god, Paul. Are you actually on the Cullen's side?" Olivia teased, finding a way to lighten the situation. Paul laughed.

"Please. I'm on your side, always. I'll fight with Sam but if you say don't kill Bella, I'll stay away from Bella."

Olivia reached over, handing Paul the half full bag. "You should go. Sam is already stressed as is, can't have him think I made you abandon the pack."

"You're right." Paul stood up, Olivia humming.

"As always." She agreed, standing on her tip toes. The couple kissed, Paul holding the girl by her waist.

"Be safe. I love you."

"Always am." She pecked his lips again. "And I love you too."

With that, he left and Olivia took more medication for her head, teaching for her phone. She needed to speak to Rosalie.