19.

They danced the night away at Prom, and before they knew it, graduation day came

Olivia stood alone in her bedroom, looking into a mirror while smoothing out her dress. It was simple, a causal white dress paired with a golden necklace (that her mother had given her on her 16th birthday that her grandmother had given her mother on her 16th birthday), gold hoop earrings, and black pumps. He hair was left down and lightly curled, just like she liked it.

"Olivia, we're going to be late! I have to get you to the school by 3, let's go!"

"Coming!" Olivia hurriedly put on her cap, adjusting it to look nice, and then threw on her gown, zipping it up quickly. She grabbed her bag and rushed downstairs, where both her parents waited with cameras in their hands.

Ariana had come down to Forks for Olivia's graduation, claiming she could not miss such a special day after all they had been through in Olivia's high school career. It had been a surprise for Olivia, who thought for sure that her mother would be busy with work.

Yet, there she was, standing before her in a lovely lilac dress.

Ariana could not stop her tears, covering her mouth when she saw Olivia in her cap and gown. There had been a brief moment where she didn't think that Olivia would make it to graduation, where she thought she had lost Oliva for good. Yet, there Olivia was, looking better than ever before and smiling more brightly than Ariana had ever seen her.

"Oh, Livy." She cried, Olivia rolling her eyes playfully.

"Mom! Dad isn't even crying. Come on, we don't have time for the tears right now, get your pictures and let's go!"

"You're right, you're right. Okay, let's get these pictures." Once they finished, they hopped into the car and drove off, dropping Olivia off in front of the school where the Seniors would meet.

Leo and Ariana went to the gym, taking their seats and sitting silently. Ariana broke the awkward silence, clearing her throat.

"So, am I going to meet the famous Paul Olivia speaks so highly of?"

Leo smiled. "Yes. He's graduating too, Paul Lahote. He's a nice boy, just has a bad family."

"And he's very attractive from the pictures I've seen."

"Or so Olivia tells me."

"Please rise for the Class of 2010." The principal spoke into the microphone, cutting off all conversations.

Leo and Ariana shared a look, standing right as the music started. Pairs of graduates began to walk down the aisle, right to the beat of the song. Leo and Ariana searched for Olivia, Leo pointing out a couple to Ariana.

"That's Kim and Jared, Olivia's friends."

"And Olivia's behind them!" Ariana exclaimed, pointing to their daughter. They watched her glide to the stage with her partner, heading up the steps to sit on the stage with the other high honor students, instead of in the crowd.

Ariana and Leo beamed with pride, both near tears when Olivia smiled and waved at them. They waved back, Leo throwing an arm around Ariana.

"We did good." He said, Ariana nodding.

"She struggled, but we did really good with her. And I'm proud of us." They shared a smile, sitting when the song ended and all the graduates passed.

They sat through speeches upon speeches, song upon song, and recognition upon recognition. But to Leo and Ariana, it was worth it to watch their only child sit up there proudly, with multiple cords laying over hair gown.

Olivia truly glowed that day, and her parents had never been happier.

Finally, the time came to call the names, the parents all cheering while the graduates stood.

"Jared Cameron!" Kim, Paul, and Olivia all shouted for him, Olivia lightly nudging him when he walked by her. Jared only laughed, holding up the diploma as he walked off the stage. From the crowd, you could hear the pack, Sam and Emily beaming while clapping.

"Kimberly Cornwell!" Kim stood from her seat beside Olivia on the stage, crossing to get her diploma and then back to her seat. She blushed, her parents shouting happily and Jared and Paul whooping from their seats. The pack was also loud for her, Kim looking down bashfully.

"Olivia De Costa!" Leo and Ariana stood, screaming and cheering for their daughter along with Kim, Paul, the pack, Sam, Emily, and Jared. Paul, though, was the loudest, Ariana finally spotting him as he whistled and made a grand commotion for Olivia.

"Paul Lahote!" The pack all yelled from the back of the gym, Ariana and Leo cheered for him too, despite Ariana not knowing the boy. He made her daughter happy, and that was all she cared about.  Olivia was louder than her parents and Kim, but not louder than Jared who began singing the song "That's My Best Friend" from a funny video.

The rest of the graduates went by quickly, the last one walking off the stage and leaving the principal to lean against the mic.

"Graduates, move your tassel from right to left." They all did as told, all grinning widely. "You have officially graduated from high school and I am proud to present our graduating class of 2010! Congratulations class of 2010!"

The caps all flew into the air in sync, Olivia and Kim jumping into each other's arms. Jared and Paul bro hugged, Ariana and Leo sharing a hug in the crowd.

Olivia and Kim collected their caps, racing down the steps and to their boyfriends, who picked them up easily. Olivia smashed her lips onto Paul's, Paul kissing back eagerly.

They pulled away at the same time, both smiling. "We graduated." Olivia breathed out, Paul nodding.

"We graduated."

"Paul, if you would put my daughter down, please." Paul flushed, setting down Olivia and stepping away nervously. He turned to Leo, offering a sheepish smile.

"Hi, Mr. De Costa."

Leo grinned, pulling Paul and Olivia both into a hug. "Call me Leo. Congratulations, both of you."

"What am I, chopped liver?" Ariana joked, Leo chuckling while letting go of the teens.

Paul was nervous again, wrapping an arm around Olivia's waist when she stepped back into his side. "Paul, this is my mom, Ariana Amadio. Mom, this is Paul Lahote, my boyfriend."

Paul gulped, making Olivia giggle slightly. This was sure to be good.