4.

She walked into the class with Kim, giggling about something stupid Jared had said that morning

Yesterday during lunch, Jared had offered to pick Olivia up and drop her off every day and Kim had begged her to accept, Olivia eventually giving in. Her father had been happy to hear she had made friends and didn't object, even greeting the couple warmly when he saw them.

"Mr. Reyes. This is Olivia De Costa." Kim introduced to their English teacher, the man nodding.

"Hello, Miss De Costa, your slip?" She handed it to him, him signing it quickly. "You can sit wherever you'd like, we're just about to begin."

Kim dragged Olivia to a seat in the front row, next to her own seat and an empty seat beside the window. They continued talking until the bell rang and Mr. Reyes stood, clearing his throat.

"Okay, class, today we'll be discussing Shakespeare's Hamlet. But first, I'd like to introduce our new student, Miss De Costa, if you would please stand."

Olivia hesitantly stood up, waving awkwardly. "Hi, I'm Olivia. I just transferred from Washington, DC."

"I expect you to treat her with kindness and respect. You may sit down, Miss De Costa." Olivia scrambled into her seat, ignoring the stares. She turned to Kim, who was snickering at Olivia's expense.

She reached out to slap her arm, Kim only giggling even more.

"So, pull out your books, we'll read the second act together-" Mr. Eyes was cut off by the door opening, a boy attempting to sneak in.

Olivia's eyes widened at the sight of him, or rather, how attractive he was. Russet skin, his short dark hair, the chiseled jaw, and the tight black shirt. She couldn't help but check him out, Mr. Reyes clearing his throat.

"Mr. Lahote, I thought we had discussed your tardiness."

So, this was the mysterious Paul that Jared spoke a lot about. Paul scratched the back of his neck, shrugging. "Sorry, Mr. Reyes, I just got to school."

"Then it appears we have to discuss your truancy. Take a seat, Lahote." Paul headed to the back of the class, Mr. Reyes calling out his name again.

"Next to Miss De Costa, if you please."

"Next to who?"

Mr. Reyes sighed, annoyed. "You would know if you were on time. Olivia, please raise your hand." Olivia did as told, Paul turning to her. He began to check her out, looking her up and down until their eyes met.

Olivia felt as though everything had stopped, her breath hitching in her throat. All she could see were Paul's deep chocolate eyes and the tiredness behind them. All she could think about was him and how it would feel to be with him.

She looked away when Mr. Reyes cleared his throat again, blushing as she stared down at her desk.

"Today would be a good day to get a move on, Paul."

The boy shook his head, snapping out of his trance. He trudged to the seat, pulling out the chair. Olivia let her hair fall in front of her face, trying her best to avoid his gaze. She began taking notes along with Kim, who was regarding Paul with wide eyes.

"Hey, um, Olivia is it?" Paul whispered to her, Olivia nodding. She glanced at him.

"Yes?"

"Do you or Kim have a spare pencil?" He smiled sheepishly. "I thought I brought one, but I guess I didn't."

Olivia went through her bag, handing him the pencil. His touch seemed to linger longer than necessary, the feeling of his hot skin staying on her even when he pulled away.

He shot her a grin. "Thanks."

She smiled back at him. "No problem."

The rest of the class went on without a hitch, the pair both stealing glimpses of the others. When the other was turned away, they watched them, turning away only when the other turned. They occasionally met eyes, just smiling at each other and turning away.

Eventually, the bell rang, everyone packing up as Mr. Reyes announced the homework. Kim was smiling broadly, looking back and forth between Paul and Olivia, linking arms with Olivia.

"So, you've met Paul."

"I've met Paul." Olivia repeated with a nod.

"And what do you think of him? Cute, right?"

"Kim, what would Jared say about you calling his best friend cute?"

Kim waved her hand. "That doesn't matter. Answer my question."

Olivia sighed. "I suppose he is kind of, really, cute." Kim squealed.

"You like him!"

"Kim, I just met him."

Kim shrugged. "Love at first sight exists. I fell for Jared the first time I saw him."

"And did he fall for you?"

"Not exactly." Kim looked down. "But still! He likes you too, I can tell."

"Honestly, Kim, I don't thi-"

"Olivia!" Kim smirked at Paul's voice, both turning to see him jogging towards them. He held out the pencil, Olivia lightly pushing his hand back into his chest.

"You keep it. You might need it and I have more, anyways." Paul raised an eyebrow, but nodded nonetheless, tucking the pencil in his pocket.

"Hey, Kim, you mind if I walk Olivia to her locker?" Kim's smirk only widened.

"No, not at all. I have to find Jared anyways, he was looking for me earlier. See you later, Liv." Kim excused herself, beginning her search for Jared. Olivia didn't get how you could lose him, all the boys being at least a foot taller than the rest of the school.

Olivia turned back to Paul, who took her bag from her hand. "Lead the way." He said, Olivia finding herself nodding.

"Why'd you want to walk me to my locker?" She questioned, playing with her fingers. Paul shrugged.

"I just find you interesting. I want to get to know you."

"In what way?"

"Anyway you want, Livs."

"Livs?"

"You don't like it?"

"No, it's not that, I do. I just have never heard Livs." Paul smiled, pulling her into his side.

"Well, then I'm claiming it. Only I can call you Livs now."

Olivia laughed. "Whatever you want, Paul."

They made it to her locker, Paul leaning against it while she opened it. "You know, Jared talks a lot about you." She commented.

Paul smiled fondly. "Yeah, he's like my brother. We're like the only family the other has, so we tend to talk about each other a lot."

"It's cute, you know. How close you two are. I've never had anyone like that."

Paul looked down the hall, to Kim and Jared, who were walking hand and hand. "You will with Kim. Just wait."

The warning bell rung, Paul sighing. "I'd better go, I can't afford to be late again." He handed Olivia her bag, bringing her hand to his lips.

"See you later, Livs."

"Bye, Paul." Olivia closed her locker, turning to Kim's smug face. Jared was laughing, watching Paul walk away.

"What now you two?"

"Oh, nothing." Kim hummed. Olivia followed after the two to their next class, a class they shared, exasperated by Kim's behavior.

"Kim!"

"I knew you liked him!"