6.

She closed her locker, laughing when she saw Paul leaning against the locker beside hers

She closed her locker, laughing when she saw Paul leaning against the locker beside hers. She began to walk away, letting Paul walk beside her and take the books she carried.

"What do you want, Paul?"

"Now, Livs, don't be like that." He grabbed her elbow, stopping her. Olivia pulled her arm away, continuing to class.

"You're up to something, I just want to know what it is."

"Let me take you out."

Olivia hummed. "Like on a date?"

"Yes, on a date. What do you say?"

Okay, so maybe Olivia was being a bitch to Paul. But, it wasn't her fault, completely!

She had joined cheerleading with Kim and was at practice, minding her own business, when another cheerleader approached them with a sneer.

She told Kim to leave and told Olivia that Paul was just using her, that almost every girl on the team had been treated with the same priority that she was being treated with, and that as soon as she gave him what he wanted, he would ghost her.

"He's a player." She had said. "And you may think you can change him, but he's Paul Lahote. He won't change."

Olivia knew the words shouldn't have bothered her, that she should have just spoken to Paul and trusted in him, especially since Kim trusted him and she trusted Kim.

But she didn't, instead ignoring his texts for the night and explaining to him the next day that if what he wanted was to hook up, he should give up.

Poor Paul had spent the last few days attempting to convince Olivia that while it had been true in the past, he had truly changed and really wanted to be with her. Before, he never took his flings to sit with his friend group, or to eat at Emily's, or even introduced them to the people he considered family.

What Paul didn't know was that Olivia already believed him wholeheartedly, and had forgiven him for not preparing her for the girls that would attempt to steer her away from him. She had overreacted, she knew, she just wanted something from him that proved his commitment.

"Okay, let's say I was to say Yes to going out. Where, when, what time?"

"Friday, 7, it's a surprise."

Olivia grinned, pausing at the entrance of her class. She leaned up, pressing a kiss to his cheek lightly. "Sounds nice."

She took her books and went inside, Paul going to follow her. "Wait, was that a yes?!"

"Mr. Lahote, I don't believe this is your cla-"

"Just give me a moment." Paul pushed past the teacher, standing before Olivia's desk. He rested his hands on the desktop, Kim watching the exchange curiously.

Olivia smirked. "Can I help you?"

"Come on, Livs, don't leave me hanging! Will you go on a date with me Friday night?"

Olivia looked back, noticing how everyone was staring, waiting for her answer. She looked back to Paul, at the eyes that she had been hypnotized by her second day of school.

"I thought you would now my answer."

Paul groaned. "Livs, please? Yes or no?"

Olivia laughed. "Yes, Paul. I'll go on a date with you."

He punched the air. "You won't regret it."

"But you will regret not leaving my class if you stay a moment longer, out, Mr. Lahote!" He was shooed away, shooting Olivia a gorgeous smile before leaving.

Olivia turned to Kim, who waited expectantly. "What?"

"You're going on a date with Paul." She sang, Olivia shoving her.

"Okay, and?"

"I called it from the first day. You like him." Kim poked Olivia's side.

"Okay, okay, that's enough." Olivia pushed Kim's hand away. "Yes, I like Paul. Now, will you stop?"

Kim whisper-squealed, jumping in her seat. She suddenly shrunk, looking at their teacher. "Sorry."

"As I was saying..."

The class seemed to go on forever, their teacher going on and on about the cells of plants and animals. They took their notes, Kim bouncing excitedly in her seat.

Finally, she and Emily wouldn't be the only imprints around. Well, Claire was there, but Claire lived on another rez and Quil visited her there majority of the time. She was worried though, about how Olivia would take the news of being an imprint.

She snuck a glance at Olivia, sighing. Olivia had been through so much with drug abuse, a toxic and abusive relationship, and neglect from her mother. She was so broken and struggled with herself, yet she had trusted the pack with ease. She didn't even hesitate to think that they were hiding something, even after Stacey told her that the pack was a cult. She still stuck by them.

Kim knew that Olivia would feel betrayed once she found out, and maybe even frightened by the idea. Especially the idea of being an imprint, god knows Kim was. Despite loving Jared for so long, when he told her the truth, she didn't speak to hin for days and only talked to him in school. They made up eventually and got together, yes, but Kim had a feeling that Olivia and Paul would be different.

Paul, Paul was temperamental, barely had any control, and was raised in a toxic household,never sure what love was.

And Olivia, Olivia had her own fair share of struggles.

They were both, to put it lightly, struggling and depended on the other more than they knew.

Paul wouldn't handle a rejection as well as Jared and Sam (to an extent) did, and Olivia couldn't handle so much committment so early.

Kim turned back to her notes, shaking her head. They would work it out, she was sure.

They were imprints, afterall.