15.

One Month Later

One Month Later

She sat on his lap, laughing wildly at something the woman standing at the stovetop said.

None of the pack was going to school today, as they wanted to have a bonding day. Plus, Paul was still upset over the events of the weekend and insisted that Olivia stayed at Emily's with him, as she helped to keep him calm. Only Kim had gone to school that day.

Over the weekend, the pack had chased the redheaded vampire that kept coming back, apparently looking for Bella Swan, a girl from Forks who was knowingly dating a vampire and had gotten the family of vampires into a lot of trouble as a result. Both the Cullen's and the pack were there, both on her tail. They both failed, Paul getting especially frustrated when one of the leeches tried to jump to the pack's territory, having a stand off with Paul after Paul pushed him into a creek.

Needless to say, Paul was not happy and needed his stress reliever.

Olivia scoffed at his words, if anything, he became more upset if the slightest thing happened to her, but agreed. To her, any reason to stay home from school was good enough.

Paul had her pulled against his chest, his chest vibrating as Jared cracked another joke. "Bro, I remember that!"

"Guys, where's Jake?" Olivia asked, scanning the kitchen and not seeing the boy's familiar form. "Did he go to school?"

"Technically, yes." Quil snickered.

"He went to Forks High School. Bella left town with the leech for the weekend and Jake thinks it was to change her. He also is using the altercation at the treaty line as an excuse to see her, though." Embry explained, pulling at his piece of chicken.

Olivia nodded, taking a bite from the piece of chicken Paul offered her. "So, he'll be back soon?"

The sound of a motorcycle pulling up had the boys smirking, looking at Olivia. "More like now."

Paul groaned, listening to the conversation outside. "And get ready, angel, you're about to meet Bella Swan."

"The leech lover, who has you guys protecting the town from a problem she caused and slapped you?" Olivia recalled, Paul laughing.

"The one and only." He confirmed, helping her up. The boys all ran out, Paul ducking so that Olivia could hop on his back.

With that, he ran out as well, Olivia giggling on his back.

"Hey, look who's back?" Embry called out, jumping off the porch.

"What up, Bella?" The boys all lined up, Jared with his chicken still in hand and chewing on the piece of chicken.

"Quil, you too?"

"Yep, finally made the pack." The guys laughed, Olivia laughing too while scanning Bella.

In a way, Bella Swan was pretty. She had long, straight chestnut hair and big, expressive brown eyes. Her skintone was fair, but it contrasted nicely with her dark hair that framed her face. She wasn't a girl that wore extra clothing, or overdid their makeup, looking normal.

"Oh, yeah, Bella, this is Olivia, Paul's girlfriend."

Bella looked nervous, standing next to such a gorgeous girl. "Hi, nice to meet you."

"So, you're the famous Bella Swan? Jake never shuts up about you." Olivia teased, Embry nodding.

"Yeah, glad you're here, Bella. Maybe we can get a break from Jake's obsessive inner monologue." Embry began.

Paul laughed, reaching out to squeeze Jake's shoulder. "I wish Bella would call."

Jared pulled away from his chicken, pointing it at Jacob. "I wish Bella wouldn't call."

"Maybe I should call Bella." Embry continued.

"Maybe I should call Bella and hang up." Quil finished, the boys breaking out into fits of laughter.

"Okay, you can shut up now."

Leah stepped out of the house, the pack becoming silent. Now, out of everyone in Emily's, Leah probably only really liked Olivia.

It was because Olivia took the time to understand her, to hear her side of the story. And also because Olivia had her fair share of struggles in life too. They bonded over being forced into the pack life, and discussed the good that came out of it.

Leah also felt bad for Olivia, as Leah and Paul hated each other, and Leah felt as though putting up with Paul for your whole life was a hell of a punishment.

Leah glared at Bella, Jacob clearing his throat. "Bella, this is Leah Clearwater, Harry's daughter."

Bella grimaced. "Hey, I'm really sorry about your father."

"If you're here to torture Jacob some more, feel free to leave." Leah spat, walking away. The boys were all silent for once, Jared looking amused while he bit into his chicken yet again.

Honestly, Olivia was surprised he hadn't scoffed it down yet.

"Fun, isn't she?" Jacob broke the silence, making sure Leah was gone.

"Bella! Hi!" Emily exited the house with Sam, jogging down the steps.

"Hey."

"I was wondering when we'd see your face around here again." Emily pulled her into a hug, patting her back.

"Yeah, same here." Emily pulled away, joining Sam's side, while Sam and Jacob shared a look.

"Sam, we good?"

"We're good. She won't be getting through our line anytime soon." Sam confirmed, the boys cheering.

"Cool."

"Yeah, that's right, boys!"

They all ran off, Olivia jumping down from Paul's back to watch Leah. Leah glanced back at them, glaring at Bella one last time before shifting, running off.

"Livs! You coming?" Paul paused, turning to his girlfriend in concern.

She nodded, jogging after them. "Course. It was nice meeting you, Bella." She waved, jumping onto Paul's back again.

"Where to, noble steed?" He rolled his eyes, but held onto her legs nonetheless, walking alongside his packmates.

"The cliffs. We're cliff diving today, babe."

"Really?" She asked excitedly, Paul nodding.

Olivia cheered, kissing his cheek. She wouldn't have her life any other way.