22.

She paced her bedroom nervously, wrangling her hands as she waited

She paced her bedroom nervously, wrangling her hands as she waited. She glanced at the clock, sighing when she saw how late it was. He usually climbed up to her window hours earlier, causing her to be concerned.

Her worrying was cut short when she heard a knock on her window, rushing to it anxiously and throwing it open. She did not like being alone, and since her father was at a convention for the weekend, going as representative for the Forks Hospital, it was only her sitting in the house.

She sighed in relief when Paul swung into her room, a smirk on his lips. "Hey, angel."

Olivia lightly slapped his chest, before launching herself at him. "You had me worried, you dick."

"And why were you worried? Because I was a little late?"

"Because there's a vampire army on the way and you showed up a lot later than usual." Olivia corrected.

Paul only chuckled, grabbing her hips and pulling them towards him, lightly pressing his lips against hers. Olivia kissed back eagerly, her hand going to the back of his neck.

"So, why were you late anyways?"

"Sam called a last minute pack meeting. Reminded us to get some sleep. Of course, we all know that Kim and Jared won't be, or Quil and Claire for that matter."

Olivia grinned, leaning up on her tiptoes. Her arms went around his neck, Paul hoisting her up slightly, by her waist. She kissed him deeply, Paul picking her up. Her legs wrapped around his waist, Paul backing up until he fell backwards onto her bed, Olivia sitting on his lap, her lips still on his.

She pulled back, breathless, a smirk on her face. "And what makes you think that you will be getting sleep tonight?"

His eyes widened, watching as Olivia grabbed the hem of her oversized shirt (a shirt she stole from Paul), leaving her in only a pair of pajama shorts and her bra. He couldn't help, but let his eyes wander, licking his lips subconsciously as he did so.

She rested her hands on his chest, her body rubbing against his and making Paul groan in frustration. "Livs...." he murmured, Olivia chuckling.

His hands went to her hips, pulling on the top of her shorts and tugging them down her legs, Olivia leaning up to help him get the shorts off. She pulled his own shorts off, Paul rolling over so he hovered on top of her.

"You really wanna do this tonight? Right now?" He asked, Olivia nodding. She pressed her lips to his again, silencing him for the time being.

○○○

She rested her head on his chest, pulling the blanket up to cover her chest. He smiled, his fingers lazily tracing the tattoo on her ribcage, the flowers she had done after she got out of the hospital, but before she went to rehab.

Olivia threw her arm across his waist, looking up at him with a grin. "So, do you regret staying up?"

"Of course not." He chuckled, looking down at her. "Though, I do think we should try to get some sleep."

Olivia scoffed, shaking her head. "You can sleep. I'm planning on staying awake, so tomorrow I'll be so exhausted that while you're out fighting, I'll be able to waste time by sleeping instead of worrying like crazy."

Paul laughed again, Olivia feeling the vibration from his chest underneath her head. "Livs, it'll all be okay. I promise, I'll be back before you know it."

"I just wish you didn't have to fight. I just got you, I don't want to lose you, Paul." She confessed, Paul making her look at him and wiping under her eyes for any stray tears.

"And you won't. Olivia, I know that this sounds stupid and cocky, but I know I'm gonna be fine. Now that you're with me, I feel stronger than ever, and you have to know that I'll fight even harder to make it back home to you. I love you, Olivia, and I won't ever leave you."

Olivia leaned up, pressing her lips against him. "I love you, too. And I'm holding you to that promise, Lahote."

He rested his forehead against hers. "I don't expect anything less. So, where are you planning on being tomorrow anyways?"

Olivia shrugged. "Emily's, I guess. I mean, that's where Kim and Claire are going, so..."

"Good. I'll feel better knowing you're safe with the other imprints."

Olivia propped herself up, her hair falling in front of her face. "Where are they keeping Bella?"

Paul shrugged. "I'm pretty sure it's a campsite, or something. Jacob is spending the night near her, and Seth is taking over tomorrow."

"Seth isn't staying at Emily's?" Olivia frowned. She knew Seth was not allowed to fight, since he was only 15, and she was hoping he would be at the house. Seth was young and excited, like a puppy, so he was a good distraction for Olivia. She knew that she could spend hours conversing with Seth, and he could take her mind off the battle.

All her hope, though, was for nothing, Paul shaking his head. "Nah, Sam got tired of his complaining, so he put him on Bella duty. Why?"

"No reason." She breathed out shakily.

Paul put his fingers on her chin, lifting her head. "Hey, I'm sure Emily has a distraction planned out for all of you. Besides, you'll be sleeping anyways, right?"

Olivia managed to laugh, snuggling further into Paul's chest. "Okay, go to sleep, Paul. You need to rest."

"Gladly." He kissed her forehead before they got comfortable, Paul drifting off to sleep within minutes and leaving Olivia to her thoughts.