3.

She stepped into the cafeteria beside her new best friend, looking down self-consciously

Kim texted her boyfriend, Jared, letting him know where she was and who she was with. "Sorry, he's protective, especially since everyone turned against me."

Olivia shrugged. "It doesn't bother me. Where should I sit?"

Kim laughed, dragging her to a table in the back. "With us, silly."

"I thought you said they were exclusive. Will they be okay with me sitting here?"

Kim nodded. "They're cool, just not with fake people, and you're not fake."

"That's reassuring." Olivia played with her food, waiting for Kim to finish texting Jared. Kim suddenly laughed, waving at someone.

"Here they come."

Olivia hesitantly looked up, immediately seeing the tall group of boy, all buff and perfectly tan with dark, cropped hair, and all with gorgeous faces. The one in front, the one she assumed was Jared, jogged to the table, sliding beside Kim with a wide smile, and kissing all over her face. Kim giggled, capturing his lips in hers.

The others boys sat down around them, acting as if Olivia being there was a normal occurence. There were four more in total, three seemingly attached at the hip, and the last was clearly younger and excitable.

He grinned at Olivia, bouncing in his seat. "Hi, I'm Seth Clearwater!" He offered his hand, Olivia taking it with a smile of her own.

"Olivia De Costa."

"So, you're my girlfriend's best friend?" Jared said, throwing his arm over Kim's shoulder. "I'm Jared, by the way."

"I thought so. Kim talks about you a lot."

"And he does about her too. I'm Embry, by the way." Embry jokingly punched Jared's shoulder, Jared shoving him.

"I'm Quil Ateara." He flirted, taking Olivia's hand and kissing it.

The last guy rolled his eyes. "I'm Jacob. Sorry about Quil, you get used to it."

"Wait, where's Paul?"

"He had to leave. You know how he gets." Embry explained through a  mouthful of food. Olivia raised an eyebrow.

"Who's Paul?"

"My best friend. You'll hear a lot about him, he has a bit of a reputation around him. He's cool, though. You should meet him tomorrow."

"So, I'm invited to sit here tomorrow?" Olivia leaned back, smiling. The boys all laughed.

"Tomorrow and the rest of the year. You're one of us now, De Costa, you're screwed." Jacob teased.

"Guys, Olivia just moved here from Washington, DC." Kim piped up, shooting her a wink.

"DC, huh? What brings you to our little rez then?" Quil questioned.

"My Dad. He was born and raised here."

"What's his name? We might know him."

"Leonardo De Costa."

"Oh, you're the doctor's daughter." Embry realized. "Your dad is my doctor."

"Yeah, that's my dad. The best doctor he can be."

The rest of lunch was spent talking, ignoring the stares and whispers from the rest of the school. Olivia quite liked everyone in the group, Jared being the jokester of the group, Embry the reserved one, Quil was the flirt, Seth was the follower, and Jacob was the mysterious one. She was quickly accepted into their group and understood their dynamic with ease. She was much happier with them than she had ever been back home with her 'friends.'

Kim, Jared, Embry, Quil, Jacob, and even Seth were all genuine, people that truly seemed to want to get to know her. And for once, she felt content.

Meanwhile, Paul was jogging through the woods, his wolf set free. For some reason, his wolf had been especially on edge all day, the school triggering him more than usual.

He felt uneasy all day, a bit relieved when he almost shifted after bumping into a jock and Jared sent him out of school to run it off.

Paul was a bit upset though, since he didn't get to meet or see the new girl. He only smelled her, her scent the best of the whole school. It was intoxicating, a perfect mix of sweet and flowery.

According to Jared, Kim had already befriended her and she would probably sit with them at lunch, but now, he would have to wait to meet her.

Paul shook the thoughts of his head. Why should he worry about the new girl? She would probably hear and believe the rumors in less than a week, abandoning Kim and leaving Jared to take care of Kim and comfort her.

God, he hated being a wolf. It wasn't fair. How everyone talked about them and no one associated with them.

He couldn't play sports anymore, or flirt as much as he used to.

Oh well. At least he was helping the tribe.