★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★

11 years ago...

"Look Y/N sweetie, you have to go outside and play with the other children your age, and make some friends, okay?"

"...But I don't want to, no one will be friends with me."

Your mother sighs, and gets ready for her first day at her new job, the reason why you had to move in the first place.

You were a pretty mature 5 year old and you enjoyed being by yourself and doing things your own way.

Your mother made you go outside to the playground, in hope that you would talk to the other kids there.

"Your uncle and your cousin are going to be here any minute, they'll take care of you today, be safe and make friends, okay honey?"

You nod absentmindedly and take your stuffed brown teddy with you. You walk towards the playground swings and sit there, your social anxiety making you inch away from all the other kids playing at the slides, just like you used to at your old playground.

"Y/N!!"

Your cousin Jungkook ran towards you with a wide and cute smile on his face, and two cutely decorated bottles of banana milk in his hands. He was the same age as you, and he was like your best friend, since you didn't really have any other friends.

"Kookie!" you say happily.

"Dad said I had to share the banana milk with you, do you want some?"

"It's okay Kookie, you can have it all to yourself."

You both sit on the swings, Kookie happily drinking his banana milk, and you were swinging on the swing and holding onto your stuffed teddy.

You watch the other kids playing on the playground, some were playing tag, and some were playing hide and seek. You didn't like to go up to the other kids because deep inside, you were scared they were going to judge you.

You liked to notice things, small details, and it happened today that you saw a kid a little older than you, sitting alone in the sandpit, playing with a stuffed pastel blue dinosaur.

He had an earth green dinosaur jumper on, and black trex patterned pants.

You thought to yourself, he's kind of like me, not alot of friends, and has a cool stuffed toy. Maybe... I could be friends with him?

"Cmon Kookie, let's go talk to that kid over there." you say, stopping the swing and standing up.

Kookie looks up at you with a mixture of shock and confusion.

"Wow Y/nnie, this is the first time you've actually wanted to talk to someone."

You both walk over to the sandpit where the boy is playing.

You nervously say hi, and wait for his response.

The boy looks up at you, with his soft and rounded dark taupe brown eyes.

"...Hi."

You both look at each other, not knowing what to do next. For once, you didn't feel your social anxiety kicking in.

"...what's your name..?" he asks you, looking contently into your eyes.

"Y/N.." you reply.

"That's a nice name...I'm Jimin."

"Oh.. nice to meet you Jimin. This is my cousin Jungkook, but I call him Kookie," you say, slowly feeling the edges of your mouth curl into a smile.

Jimin beams at you and Kookie.

"How old are you guys?" Jimin asks.

"I'm five and Kookie is turning six in a few weeks, on the 1st of September!"

"Oh, I'm turning six in October. October 13th."

You think for a second, then ask what you've been waiting to say.

"Can we be friends.. Jimin?"

Jimin looked surprised for a bit, and then suddenly hugged you.

"You're going to be my first friend... I'm so happy!"

You smile, Jimin was also going to be your first ever friend, apart from Kookie of course.

You all have a group hug and then decide to play a round of hide and seek, and you ran into your favourite hiding spot as you heard Jimin start counting to 20.

And that's how you met Jimin.

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.