»»————-⑅ ┅ ⑅ ┅ ⑅ ┅ ⑅ ┅ ⑅————-««

**disclaimer & warning: not promoting/encouraging bullying, abuse (child neglect?), drugs, and drinking in the next few chapters

**disclaimer & warning: not promoting/encouraging bullying, abuse (child neglect?), drugs, and drinking in the next few chapters.*

Flashback – 10 years ago

(author: so they're in senior year which is about 17 years old so ten years ago is they're all 7.)

You were walking with your mother and father out of the arcade after an amazing day. It was your birthday today and you had turned 7 years old.

You just had a small birthday party with Jungkook and Jimin celebrating your birthday in the arcade, and the day had gone so smoothly.

You and your parents were all walking towards a crossing, and when the light turned green, you skipped ahead, then it all happened so quickly.

A distracted driver didn't notice the red light and as the car drew nearer towards you, your father sprinted in front of you, and pushed you aside, away from the incoming car, and saved you from death.

Then you heard your mother screaming and crying, you had tears running uncontrollably down your face as sirens started blaring and everything was blue and red at the same time.

Everyone was shouting and police officers were restraining your mother, who was frozen in a moment of grief and sadness. She was screaming at you the words that you will never forget for the rest of your life.

"You...! It's all your fault! He's gone now!! Because of you, you mistake!"

Mistake.

You're a mistake

You sometimes woke up in the middle of the night, crying, because of that day replaying in your head, over and over, and nightmares haunted you for most of your childhood.

Jungkook and Jimin were always there for you, knowing how hard it was for you to lose your father at such a young age.

You told them both all about those minutes when your life flashed before your eyes, and those words that scarred you for all of your childhood.

Mistake.

End of flashback.

·̩̩̥͙**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚*·̩̩̥͙

You couldn't hold back your tears, as the words Jimin said struck home.

Jungkook felt how much those words had an impact on you.

He walked up to Jimin and punched him right in the face.

"You jerk. How could you? You knew very well how much that would hurt her, and you still said it? You have no heart. You're not the Jiminssi I know. And you never are going to be again." Jungkook said to him.

Jimin shrugged, showing no reaction to Jungkook, and turned to walk away, his hands in his pockets, before saying to the four brawny guys,

"All yours to let your anger out on guys."

Then he left, and fear rose in you as Jungkook shielded you with his arms, even though the guys were almost twice his size and five times more heavily built.

You could feel Jungkook was scared too, and you didn't know what to do, as you felt tears stream down your face.

"J-just close your eyes, Y/N... it's going to be alright, I'm here."

You closed your eyes and braced yourself, as you felt the blows come one by one, and you got déjà vu. You remember when those girls used to kick and beat you until you were dizzy in the head, and you knew screaming would be no use because they wouldn't care.

Jungkook was bleeding and knocked out, and lying against the wall. You felt the pain multiply every second, and the next thing you knew, you blacked out.

You woke up in the hospital and saw Jungkook lying in the hospital bed next to you, still unconscious. Jungkook was more injured than you as he took most of the punches before being knocked out.

You had a bruised shoulder, a swollen lip, and a massive headache. You probably got a concussion when you hit your head on the ground when blacking out.

Hatred bubbled up inside of you as you remembered who caused all this.

Jimin.

You still couldn't believe how your best friend turned into such a heartless person.

You were about to get up, when Jungkook wakes up.

"You all good, Jk?!" you say to Jungkook.

"Ouch. Him ditching us hurt more. But yeah, I'm fine." He gave you a lazy smile.

2 weeks later – you and Jungkook are allowed out of the hospital after full recovery.

You both decide to take a few days off school and spend some time together but at home, because you didn't want to bump into Jimin again.

You watched a few horror movies and ate snacks, having fun and trying your best to forget about Jimin.

-ˏ͛⑅ ‧̥✧ ‧̥̥ ̥ ̮ ̥ ⊹ ‧̫‧ ⊹ ̥ ̮ ̥ ‧̥̥✧ ‧̥̥ ⑅ˏ͛-

Flashback

"Catch me if you can!" you say, giggling as you run around the playground.

Jimin, wearing a birthday hat with the number '8' on it, chases after you, both running around the playground. You laugh and keep running, and then you both hear Jungkook's mother yell out to you all, "Cake time!!"

You all sit at the park's picnic table, singing happy birthday to Jimin and Jimin being happy, but you saw the sadness in his eyes.

"What's wrong Jiminie?" you ask.

"Nothing..." he replies absentmindedly.

Jungkook begins eating his slice of cake and gets it all over his face, causing everyone except Jimin to burst out laughing.

Jungkook grins, and continues to enjoy the cake.

"You can tell me, I can keep secrets!" you say, looking at him with a smile.

"Well... my parents didn't come... even though they promised they would come. They're at my brother's play, because he's auditioning for a part in a local play." he said.

You looked up at Jimin in shock, you knew his parents were always busy, but you didn't know that they would do this to Jimin.

You pulled Jimin into a hug, and said, "It's okay, me and Kookie are here to celebrate your birthday with you, we'll make sure you're happy!"

Jimin beams at you and starts eating his cake. You eat your slice of cake too, and once you all finished your cake, you, Jungkook and Jimin went off to play at the playground.

End of flashback – back to present

。☆✼★━━━━━━━━━━━━★✼☆。