。゚❁ུ۪ °ₒ 𓂂 ˚ 𓂂 ₒ ° ₒ 𓂂 ˚˖⋆

You wake up to your alarm clock

You remember what happened yesterday and you have a feeling of dread in the pit of your stomach.

You didn't want to go to school; you were scared to go to school.

You had no clue how to explain to Jungkook and Jimin about how you got a black eye the next day. Your lip looked okay, just slightly cracked.

You looked at yourself in the mirror, and went to get changed. You put on a plain black t shirt and a plain white hoodie. You covered you eye with a white eyepatch.

You walk downstairs and see a note on the table, which says:

Hey Y/N sweetie! Sorry that I didn't come over to bring you some of the dinner I made, but I recently got a huge promotion, yay! That's why I might be late and leave really early every day, I'm so sorry honey.

There's lunch money in the cupboard if you want any and you can go to school with Jungkook and Jimin. I've already told Jungkook and he agreed to make sure you're safe.

Love you! xx, Auntie.

You smile, happy for her promotion. You didn't feel like eating, so you put on your shoes and went outside, just to find Jungkook waiting outside the door.

"YOU SCARED ME!" you exclaim.

"Hahah... sorry..." he says apologetically. Then he resumes telling you how mad he was at you not telling him where you were and what happened.

"You made Jimin so worried! I was so worried! We thought they killed you!" he scolded you.

"Hey... what's with the eyepatch? New style?" he asks, pointing at your eyepatch, a frown appearing on his face.

You flinch and then say, "Yeah! Uh, new style!"

You both begin to walk to school together, meeting Jimin at the school gates.

"Hey, you're early." You say to Jimin.

"IWASSOWORRIEDABOUTYOUSOIRANHEREEARLYANDIDIDNTSLEEPBUTHI." He said in a tangle of words.

You laugh at how he came early because of you, and you all walk into the school grounds, linking arms.

You feel guilt deep inside you for not telling them what happened yesterday, even though they were your closest friends, but you pushed the feeling off.

Jimin POV

I noticed Y/N's eyepatch and anger rose inside me.

I knew those girls were up to no good.

But I didn't want Y/N to know because she'll be reminded of yesterday.

I made a note to myself to talk to her and lunchtime and reassure her.

I put on a smile so that Y/N wouldn't be worried, and we all went inside the classroom.

Y/N POV

You hear the bell ring for lunchtime and as you put your books back into your bag, as you feel an arm wrap around your shoulders.

You jump, but then realised it's only Jimin.

"Y/N, can I talk to you?" he says concerned.

You see the worry in his eyes and you wonder what he wanted to say to you.

You were alone with Jimin in the classroom, everyone had left, and Jungkook had to turn in an assignment to the biology teacher.

"What... happened yesterday?" Jimin whispers.

"What? Yesterday? N-nothing." You stutter, looking down at your feet.

"Look at me, Y/nnie." he says.

You look at him in the eye and he has this pained expression on his face.

"Why didn't you tell me? Don't you trust me?" he says carefully.

You couldn't take it anymore as you burst into tears, hugging your best friend as he hugs you back, gently patting your back, trying to make you feel better.

A few minutes of crying on Jimin's shoulder later...

You sniff, and look up at Jimin.

"Thanks Jimin... how did you know?" you ask.

"That doesn't matter... but you wanna know something?" says Jimin.

"Yeah?"

"Have you ever heard of a pinky promise? It's when you intertwine your pinkies together with someone special to you, and make a promise that you will never break. So, I promise to you, that I'll never leave you." he says, looking into your eyes deeply and sincerely.

"Always? You'll always be here for me, and never hurt me?" you say.

"Of course, I'd never want to hurt you..." he replies, wiping your tears away with the sleeve of his hoodie.

Time skip to near present – week before first year of year 9. Y/N, Jungkook and Jimin always stuck together during high school, and Y/N felt safe, ever since Jimin promised to her.

Promises weren't ever meant to be broken.

Jimin would never break his promise,

...right?

(author: Y/N is 15, Jimin & Jungkook are 16.)

You wake up early, and got out of bed. You check your phone and see a new message from Jungkook, and as you read the message your heart shatters into pieces.

What do you mean, he's gone?

He left... without saying goodbye?

But he promised... to never leave.

.。❅*⋆⍋*∞*。*∞*⍋⋆*❅。.