17. Interlude: It's Brawl in The Family part 1

A/N:
- If ya'll want to see the fight between Qrow and Winter, I suggest that you should try and look it up. I'm cutting the fight from this chapter since narratively it is unnecessary and only acts as a fanservice for the RWBY fandom side of things.
- Also, I'm cutting this into a two-parter interlude, since the total wordcount will just be too long lmao.
______________________________

Weiss and Ruby ran across the courtyard, heading for the landing pads, one that houses a recently landing Atlesian Airship. The little rose was panting, confused as to what's going on with her friend as she chased after her. Weiss hadn't been this excited for ages in her eyes. She's always seemingly like the total Ice Queen that she is, or as Subaru called her, a 'Tsundere'. Again, it confuses her to no end.

"Weiss! What's the big deal!? Who is it!? Who is she!?" She yelled before taking a breath from all that running, finally catching up to her as Weiss slowed down to a full stop.

Weiss could only look on, smiling as she looked on to the figure exiting the airship in front of her. One that she always recognized as her sister's personal ship, one that she always used to visit and go to far off places for her missions. "Winter..." She uttered softly.

"Wait...your sister?" Ruby asked for confirmation, looking at the said figure in front of her too.

Winter was a tall and fair-skinned young woman with slate-blue eyes, dark eyebrows, and long white hair reminiscent of the iconic Schnee Family look from what the little rose had guessed. Her hair was tied back in a bun that is high on the left side of the back of her head, along with bangs along the right side of her face and a small curled lock of hair down the left just above her shoulder.

"Winter!" Weiss screamed.

The figure turned around to check what was going on behind her, though in a typical fashion of that for a Specialist such as her, orderly, but still holding grace due to her aristocratic background and lifestyle.

Both of the girls slowed down, and the little rose could finally see the full appearance of her friend's older sister. Her outfit consists of a white long-sleeved coat with a single dark blue clasp around the center waist holding it shut alongside a red jeweled brooch on the collar. The coat's length runs down to her ankles and the sleeves are split from shoulder to elbow. She wears a white pleated sleeveless blouse with a dark blue waistcoat. A pair of white trousers with dark blue garters alongside a pair of gray thigh boots with black detailing around the knees. She also wears a pair of black forearm length gloves with gray trimmed cuffs.

If Ruby were to comment on it, she would be like if Weiss were to wear a military uniform instead of a combat dress. It looks like it was built for ceremonial purposes. But the material of it is sturdy, and it is light enough to be used in combat, typical of that for a Schnee. It also looks as if it was worth more than the average middle-class life savings too.

Winter was guarded by a pair of Atlesian Knights, combat androids that are purposely built for basic military actions and replacement of the common infantry. She looked at the two girls, judging their posture and appearances before being interrupted by the voice of her younger sister.

"Winter! I'm so happy to see you!" Weiss yelled in glee, before quickly realizing her lack of manners greeting her fellow sibling, "Oh. Your presence honours us." She said, gently bowing at her sister.

Ruby was quite shocked at the sight, though chooses to look on and watch instead, not even bothering to greet the figure in front of her.

"Beacon.." Winter started, looking at her surroundings as she stepped forward in front of her guards, "It's been a long time. The air feels...different."