Chapter One: Welcome Home

A/N: I am making a chocolate cake. The batter taste like chocolate and watermelon. Something isn't right, but it doesn't taste bad, so you won't catch me complaining. Two layers and a crumb decoration make from a failed third layer. I'll let you know how it goes. 

You had been spending a lot of time away from the motel. You were exploring the woods, trying to find the house. You knew the police wouldn't look there anymore. Jason had been missing for a month, everyone else for nearly two. The search parties had stopped. There was no more news. No more police cars. No more nothing. It was like they knew there was no getting their serial killers back. 

On this particular day, you found the house. Well, you found the path that Freddy struggled to. It was the path where Billy had slapped it. It was the path. 

You followed the familiar path until you reached the house. There was graffiti on the outside of it. Someone had painted a cute little cow on the front, going over the door and part of the front wall. Then, some idiot went and painting blood spewing out out of the cow and put an 'x' over each other the eyes. 

Rude. 

You walked inside and surveyed the whole place for any more graffiti. There was none. It looked like no one had been inside for six months, since you all were taken out. There was dust everywhere. 

You giggled excitedly and clapped. You were incredibly excited that you'd be back in the life you knew how to live without getting both sympathetic looks and looks that reeked of 'You-did-it-for-the-attention'. 

You pulled out your phone and called Billy. You knew that he and Michael had just started a game of poker when you left, so maybe they'd still be there. 

"What's up, Y/N?" He picked up the phone and you heard a card being flipped.

"Hey, are you still with Michael?" You inquired

"Yeah, why?" He returned. 

"Put me on speaker." You instructed

"Alright, you're on speaker." Billy announced. 

"Okay, so, I found the house. It doesn't look like anyone's been inside since we left, there's dust all over the place and the only footprints are mine. There's a bit of graffiti on the outside, but the inside's untouched. Michael, you're garden has died, but we can replant it. Tell everyone to pack their things. We're goin' home." You explained. 

"Yes!" You heard Billy cry on the other end. 

"Well, I guess someone's excited." You mumbled to yourself, stepping out of the house and closing the door behind you. 

"No, I just beat Michael. Yes, I'm excited. I'll let everyone else know." 

"Okay, bye." 

"Bye." 

You began the trek back to the motel. It was really only a thirty minute walk from the back, but if you took the path along the main road, it would take an hour. You decided to take the long way, just to let C/N (Crush's name) you were okay. He worked at the four-way stop about a block down, so you made sure to walk past there. 

"Hey, Y/N!" He called. He was taking the trash out. "How goes it?" 

"I'm great. Listen, C/N, we gotta talk." You said, pulling him over to the side ally. 

"I'm moving." You partially lied. 

"What? Where?" He asked, his eyes falling into sad slits. 

"I'm moving back into the house. Where I was. I looked up the real estate that my mom owned, just to check property boundaries. Turns out, she owned several acres of those woods, one of them being the house. I need away from people. I don't need people staring at me. I'll tell you what, though. We can go to dinner, once a week. I'll pay. I'm not disappearing, I promise." You grabbed his hand as you saw the tears well up. 

"S-so, those people, they just... lived on your property. You were really home the whole time?" He asked. 

"Yeah, kind of. But, I'm not going to tell you where it is just yet, okay? I wanna be alone for a while. For now, not at my house. We can meet up places and call, but not at my house." You explained. 

"Okay." He took his free hand and wiped the tears out of his eyes. "Okay. Not your house. We can call and meet up and have dinner. Not at your house."

"Right, that's right. Get back to work, okay? I'll call you once I settle in." You smiled and let go of his hand before turning and walking back the other way. 

You felt bad for leaving him, but there was nothing else to say. You had to pack, he had to work.

___________________________

"Okay, everyone packed?" You asked, once everyone stood awkwardly in the kitchen of what was once the Bates' household. 

There were sounds (and physical signs) of agreement around the room. 

"Okay, great. I'll take all the bags in my car with the ones who are most recognizable of you. That's Freddy, Michael, Jason, Jed, Jeff, and Pennywise. Jeff, I saw Smile sleeping under the porch when I got there, he's fine. He had some half-eaten animal in front of him, so he'll be okay until we get there. Clowntown and friends, get in the car. I'm driving." You announced. 

The six other's followed you into the car. Three of you were in the front and four of you were in the back. In the front, there was you, Michael, and Jeff. In the back was Freddy, Jeff, and Jason. Since he was a shapeshifter, it was decided that Pennywise could shapeshift into a cat and lay on the floor. 

"How do you know Smile will still be there?" Jeff worried. 

"Because that thing was passed out. I nudged him and he just kept snoring. Trust me, he's there." You said, taking the back entrance through the woods. It was the way Jed took you when Norman had killed your best friend. The police never did find her body, but you and her family got together and had a little ceremony for her. 

Within a few minutes, the seven of you and everyone's bags were at the house. You were still waiting on Glen, Tiffany, Charles, Norman, Billy, and Elliott. Elliott wasn't exactly normal looking, but there was barely enough room in the car for the seven of you, even with Pennywise as a cat. No way you'd be able to fit a six-foot five pincushion in here. 

"Alright, we're here. Take your bags into where your rooms were." You got out of the car, everyone else not far behind. As the trunk opened, you heard a yawn coming from the porch. 

A red husky sleepily made its' way from underneath the porch, the animal (which you could now see was a fox) hung from its' mouth. 

"Smile!" Jeff cried, running over to the husky. 

Smile spat out the fox and bounded over to Jeff. He jumped up on his hind legs, trying to pull himself up on top of Jeff. Jeff just pet the dog and ranted about how much he missed him. 

"Yo! That's cute and all, but come get your bag; it's on top of mine." Freddy called from the trunk. 

Jeff turned, Smile still sniffing at his legs, and walked over to the trunk. He grabbed his three bags and walked inside. Smile didn't leave his side once. They had a bond, you knew that, but not even your childhood dog was this excited when you came home from summer camp. 

"Kind of makes you think, doesn't it?" Pennywise spoke. "A sociopath who rarely shows emotion other than anger, who's so happy to see his dog that he looks like his smile might go past his ears." 

"Well, it already goes to his ears," You grunted, grabbing your bags. "But, yeah. Do you think he was ever like that with his brother?" 

"Maybe." Pennywise replied. 

"I was." Jeff said, appearing at the front door of the house. "Now quit talking about him. And, Y/N, before you even bring up what I told you that night, I told you that because I felt like you needed a distraction. And we both got closure over our dead people. So don't ask." 

Closure? Had Jeff learned about what happened to Liu in jail? 

You pushed the thought to the back of your mind as the others showed up from behind you. 

"Welcome home, guys." 

A/N: Just a set-up chapter. I needed to get the gang back together for, like, every other chapter this book will have. So, yeah, it'll start getting interesting in the next chapter.