Chapter 16: Clown-ibalism

A/N: I'm keeping track of who I kill of in this book with a little journal with the order that they're killed and how they're killed. My sister has reverted to calling it my 'Hit-List' and honestly, I can't think of a better name. It's unfortunate that my brain works like this. 

*The first insult gets credited to my sister

Pennywise and Elliott had been at each other's throats ever since Jed left. You couldn't blame them; everyone was dying and no one was trying to stop it. Everyone in the house had just accepted that they were all at risk and the only way to fix it was to let it run its course. They were killers, and they were addicting. And they all knew this drug was going to kill them. 

Their last argument was the worst one. 

It was nearing one in the morning, and you, Michael, and Billy had given up on sleep. Michael had come into your bedroom, and you were all currently playing a card game. None of you were really paying attention, though. You were more focused on the argument going on downstairs. 

"Those kids did nothing, you snot goblin!" You heard Elliott scream. 

"Neither did Kirsty, you boot!" Pennywise shrieked. 

"What kind of insults are those?" Billy mumbled to himself, sorting his cards. 

"Awful ones." 

"I agree." Billy nodded to Michael, who put down a card. 

After thirty more minutes of the screaming and fighting and the insults getting worse and worse, you slammed your deck of cards down. 

"I can't do this anymore." You stormed out of the room, Billy and Michael following cautiously behind you. 

They had seen the temper you had. It took a lot, but it genuinely scared them when you yelled. 

"Hey!" You screamed, your voice dominating over the two serial killers. 

They both stopped and looked at you. 

"It is one-thirty in morning, and the rest of us haven't slept at all! I do not care what you're arguing about, and it's probably pettier than Loomis, but just shut up and go to sleep! I am sick and tired of you two screaming at each other all the time! If you don't stop, I swear to God, I'll let Billy give a lesson on mutilation! Now, shut up!" You turned and stomped back up the stairs. But, you only got halfway up before you turned around again. 

"Someone's cranky." Pennywise remarked. 

You turned around and calmly walked down the stairs. You stopped in front of Pennywise, gave him the sweetest smile you could muster (given your rage), and slapped him as hard as you could. Your nails actually drew a bit of blood from his cheek. 

"I am cranky! You wanna know why? Because some stupid clown and his pincushion won't shut up and let me sleep!" You yelled. "Elliott, let me make myself clear that if you want to remark something similar to what Bob said, then be my guest. Just know the slap will hurt ten times worse because of those stupid pins." 

For the second time, you turned and stomped up the stairs. You shoved Michael (who was standing in the middle of the stairway) out of your way, and he toppled down the stairs. You decided you would apologize later, you were too angry to do it now. 

____________

"Hey, Michael? Sorry for pushing you down the stairs." You sheepishly handed him a cup of coffee the next morning as an apology. 

"I would have done the same thing."

"Yeah, but you'd probably kill me." You chuckled at your own sad attempt to lighten to mood. 

"If I were to kill you by pushing you down the stairs after having an argument with someone else, I'd call it manslaughter." 

"I'd call it rude." Billy appeared at the bottom of the stairs, rubbing his hands together. "God, all this grave-digging is really hurting my hands." 

"I think we'll have to dig another one soon." You mumbled, hearing the raised voice of Elliott from down in the basement.

"Who do you think it's going to be?" Billy asked, joining you and Michael on the couch.

"I think it's going to be Elliott. He's brought up some good points and that's only going to make Bob angrier." You stated. 

"Wait, what happened to calling him 'Pennywise'?" Billy asked. 

"Well, he's an idiot. The opposite of wise. So, just Bob." 

"Sound logic." 

"But that's like calling me 'Billy' because my face doesn't look like a ghost." Billy protested. 

"Back down, she might still be angry." 

"But, yeah, I see where you're coming from." Billy added, sinking back into the couch. 

You all sat and listened to the argument in the basement, frowns on all of your faces. You couldn't see his face, but Michael seemed quite worried. 

As soon as you heard clattering, you all stood up. 

"Oh, it's getting real now." Billy whispered to himself. 

"Let's break it up. I am not digging another grave today." 

The three of you went down into basement just in time to see the clown doing something you all prayed wouldn't happen. 

He opened his mouth wider than he ever had (but you all had seen it in pictures) and you all watched in horror as his jaw clamped down on Elliott's arm. 

"No!" You screamed out, running over to Elliott. 

You escalated your slap to a hard punch. Bob was now passed out on the ground from the velocity of your fist. It's sad to say that he was, unfortunately, in much better shape than Elliott. 

His whole arm, from should to fingertips, was shut in the mouth of Pennywise. It had been ripped clean off. 

"I'm not making it out of this one." He mumbled, his voice hoarse. 

"No, you will. Will one of you get his arm, please?" You asked, wrapping your jacket around Elliott's shoulder blade. 

"I can't get it out!" Billy groaned, holding Elliott's hand up. He had accidentally ripped it off of the severed arm. 

"Y/N, I'll be okay. The puzzle box in my room, I need you to burn it." Elliott gasped. "It'll keep everyone out." 

You watched as his black eyes clouded over to dark grey and you knew, in that moment, that it was no use. 

"Get the shovel. We're burying Elliott and then I'd like the pleasure of taking out Pennywise." 

A/N: I know this was short, but I wasn't quite sure how to kill him off. Next chapter, which is one of the last ones, will be a whole lot better. Here's a hint: It involves the Loser's Club.