Chapter Three: None Of Your Business

A/N: The cake has been made into cake pop dough and slammed into the useless springform pan. It was put in the freezer to hold its' shape. Now, I have a cake :) I ate it with some family friends. It was okay; they liked it. I didn't care for it too much. It was too rich for me. Too much expresso powder.

The next day was fairly good. Elliott had made breakfast that day, which was a plate of bacon and eggs, and it was good. For the near year that you had known him, you had never seen him cook anything. You thought that maybe he just wasn't good at cooking or maybe he didn't know how.

After breakfast, everyone mostly kept to themselves. Michael spent most of the day attempting to revive his vegetable garden. Jed worked on a doghouse for Smile, who began to prefer to sleep under the porch than inside with Jeff. Elliott was cleaning most of the day. He didn't appreciate all the dust in the house. Jason, Pennywise, and Glen assisted Michael with his garden. The three adults thought that it would be a good idea for Glen to have some experience with gardening. Charles and Tiffany did... Charles and Tiffany things. Jeff and Smile went on a walk. Jeff decided he needed some cash, so he'd use the same ruse he used on your second day here to get the wallets from hikers.

That left you and Billy.

"Y/N, want to watch a movie?" Billy offered around noon.

"Nah, I'm not really in the mood. I'm down to play War, though." You suggested.

War was a card game that you hadn't played in a very long time. It was simple and could get pretty intense during wars. How simple? You split a deck of cards and put a card down with your opponent. Whoever's card has the higher number wins. Same number? Put down four cards, flip up the fourth one, and whoever's number is highest gets the match.

"Alright. Just know, I tend to have pretty good luck when it comes to War." Billy warned, snagging the deck of cards from his desk.

"Wanna bet?"

__________________________

"Third?!" Billy cried out.

He was down to his last four cards at this point. Your one War led to a second one. Okay, that's not uncommon. It makes it even more intense to see who wins. That second war led to a third war. Now this was more than uncommon. I'm sure Spencer Reid had a statistic for it, but you didn't know what it was.

"Okay, okay. Flip on three. One," You could hear your heartbeat in your ears.

"Two," Billy counted, grabbing the corner of his card.

"Three." You said in unison.

You flipped up your cards and held your breath. You had an ace, the highest card one could have. Billy had a King.

"No!" Billy shouted.

"Yes!" You shouted.

You had won. The game had gone on for hours, and it was finally over with a victory. Loomis would have to agree to disagree, but that didn't matter. You had better luck.

"My luck's better! I told you!" You cried, standing up from the table.

"No! That's just... dumb luck!" Billy shot.

The two of your argued for a few minutes before Tiffany walked down the stairs.

"Hey, Y/N!" She called over your voices.

You stopped yelling and turned to Tiffany. "Yeah?"

"Don't you have dinner at six?" She asked.

It was five-thirty.

"Oh, right! Billy, great beating you; we should do it again sometime. I'm going to go get ready." You spoke, practically running up the stairs.