Chapter 17: Leaking Hamburger Helper

A/N: This chapter might bring up some emotions that were previously buried. Major spoilers for IT: Chapter 2. Many tears, too. Here's a tissue to wipe away the sad, if there is any 🧻.

By the time you woke Pennywise up, it was nearing sundown. That was quite the punch you delivered; you almost thought it killed him. You had dragged him out to a by where Jed killed Freddy, had Billy bring a fold-out chair, and Michael brought the rest. 

Well, that was the plan anyways. Billy got there first, since had the the lightest load. He came back and helped you drag the clown to the chair, with Michael not far behind. You all lifted him onto the chair and Michael dropped the bag. 

He laid out all of the items in the bag on the floor for you to take you pick. He laid out a hacksaw, hammer, knife, baseball bat, a gas can, a lighter, brass knuckles, a hatchet, rope, and several rolls of duct tape. 

First, you picked up the duct tape. You were making sure that the only way that the clown got out of here was on a gurney with a sheet over his head. You used all three rolls of duct tape to tie him to the chair, including his wrists and ankles. You also made sure to save some rope after tying it around him and the chair for his hands and ankles. That way, he'd be hunched over in such a way that he couldn't run. 

Next, you picked up the can. You unscrewed the lid, trying to avoid the pungent odor. You splashed it all over Pennywise. Sputtered, he woke up. 

"Where am I?" He coughed, spitting out some of the fluid that got in his mouth. 

"This," You bent down and picked up the lighter. "Is where Freddy died. And it's where you will, too." 

Pennywise looked fearfully at the small lighter, before looking back to you. 

"Y-you wouldn't kill anyone. You couldn't even watch while Jeff died." He accused. 

You, too, glanced at the lighter before tossing it at the ground. 

"Michael, these are great weapons, but we're missing something. I'll be back. Watch him." You walked off back towards the house. No one knew what you were getting, but you knew Billy wouldn't mind sharing his tools. 

_____________

"Do you hear that?" I asked Michael. 

He nodded and gestured to the bushes. We both hid in them, knowing that Pennywise couldn't see us anyways because of the fluid in his eyes. 

A middle-aged man in a Hawaiian shirt walked onto the scene. For a second, we saw confusion in his eyes. Then awe. Then pure rage.

"You're that sick clown that killed Eddie!" The man cried out. 

"Richie? Is that you?" Pennywise weakly called out. 

"I don't know why you're here, and I don't care either. But I hope whoever is so obviously about to kill you doesn't mind having help. 

The man, presumably Richie, picked up the hammer and slammed it down on Pennywise's left hand. He let out a howl of pain. "Rich-boy, why? What did I do to you?" 

"What did you do? You ate my friend's brother," Richie paused and brought the hammer down on his right hand. "You tried to kill all of my friends," Left. "You made my friend's sink spray blood all over her bathroom." Right. "You broke my best friend's arm," Left. "And then you killed him!" 

Richie raised up the hammer and brought it down on the clowns head. Pennywise's head fell back. I didn't know if he passed out or died, but this Richie kid was relentless. 

He tossed the hammer aside and picked up the hacksaw. He went to work on decapitating Pennywise, and it took about five minutes. 

"Y/N will be back soon." 

I nodded at Michael's note and turned my eyes back to Richie. 

Pennywise's head rolled onto the floor and Richie stopped. He was panting, and seemingly crying. He was mumbling something that I almost couldn't make out. 

"I'm sorry, Eds. I'm so sorry." He took off his glasses and looked at the corner of the right lens. Whatever happened to 'Eds' obviously was once on Richie's glasses. He cried for another minute before pulling himself together and picking up the knife. 

He made a single slasher across Pennywise's side and angrily said, "Who's leaking Hamburger Helper now?" 

Richie dropped the knife and ran off into the woods, probably going to sit by himself and think about what he just did. I wonder if he did it for Eds.

_____________

"Alright, forehead. We're gonna- what happened?" You asked, dropping Billy's Beretta on the ground. 

"Some guy named Richie found him." Billy replied, stepping out of the bushes. 

"Did he wear glasses?" You asked, examining the murder scene. 

"Yeah." 

"Yeah, I read about him. Pennywise killed his best friend, Eddie. I'm pretty sure they liked each other." 

"Oh." Billy shortly replied. "Well, uh, what do we do with this?" He gestured to the whole crime scene, corpse and all. 

"Michael, are you able to- Michael!" You cried out as Michael collapsed on the floor.

A/N: Sorry for the short chapter. One death per chapter, remember!