Chapter Five: The Light Behind Your Eyes

A/N: My Chemical Romance fans will read the title and immediately have an idea of what's going to happen. Trigger warnings include death (third degree murder), weapons, and emotions that are very unpleasant to feel. Viewer discretion is advised for people who think well of Glen.

"I'm sorry, who?" You asked. 

"Andy; Andy Barclay!" Charles replied. 

"Okay, great. Who's that?" You pushed. 

"The kid! I was supposed to transfer my soul into him back in '88!" Charles seemed excited. Why he was excited was beyond you. 

You walked over to the window and peaked over Charles' head. Sure enough, there was a kid with dirty blond hair and hazel just... standing by the porch. 

"I've got to get him. I have to." Charles decided, walking into the kitchen and grabbing a knife. 

"And, uh, what exactly do you plan on doing after you 'get him'?" Jeff asked, who was reclined on the couch. 

"Do what I wanted to do 30 years ago." Charles mumbled darkly. 

"Dad?" Glen appeared at the bottom of the stairwell. "Are you going to do what I think you're going to do?" 

"No, son. Andy just... really like violins. I'm just going to teach him about how they're going to ruin the country." Charles lied. "And you're going to help me."

A/N: Not violence, Vi-o-lins. That screeching music is going to ruin this god dang country.

"W-what? But, I like violins!" Glen cried. 

That poor child. He was so oblivious to the obvious, it was almost sad. 

Charles didn't reply. Instead, he went through the kitchen and out the back door. You all watched, Glen clinging to the fur on Smile's back, as Charles snuck up on Andy and wrapped his arms around him. 

"Hiya, Andy!" He cackled. "Remember me?" 

Charles dragged the poor man inside. Andy was clueless as to who this well-dressed (yet somehow raggedy) man was. 

"W-who are you? Let me go!" Andy cried, thrashing about in Charles' grip. 

"I thought we were friends 'till the end!" Charles feigned sadness, motioning for Tiffany (who was closest to the basement) to open the basement door. 

You watched as realization hit Andy. 

"No! You're dead! I remember! I killed you three times!" He shouted. 

Charles just cackled as you heard a metal door clang shut. You knew that Charles had put him in the cell. No one deserved to be put in that God forsaken box. Not even Charles. Charles walked back up the stairs and shut the basement door. 

"Now, son. We're going to have a boys' night out." 

____________________________________

Whatever Charles meant by 'Boys' Night Out', you knew that Glen wasn't going to like it. You were his legal guardian, so you could decide if he went with Charles or not, right? Right? You had to intervene. 

"Uh, no. Glen will not be having a 'boy's night out' with you." You stepped in front of the child, who grabbed onto your wrist. 

"You can't tell him what he can and can't do! He's my kid!" Charles objected. 

"Actually, he's technically my kid." You smirked. "I have legal guardianship over Glen." 

"Yeah, well, he's still my son." Charles grumbled, grabbing Glen's free wrist and yanking the small child away from you.