Normalize Love

Louis
I jogged back to my car happily, I just finished stapling all my work ads and contact information on lampposts around town. It was nearly four in the afternoon when I pulled up to Harry's work, a small coffee shop. I pushed open the clear door as a ringing rang through the air signaling someone had walked into the building. A blonde head with a visor poked out from behind the counter. Niall.

"Well hello gorgeous, come back for my number?" Niall winked as he leaned his head on the palm of his hands.

I shook my head and asked for Harry. I watched him roll his eyes as he yelled Harry's name. Niall walked back past the kitchen door, soon Harry appearing with a flour-covered apron covering his front. A big smile now on his lips. "Hey, Lou! Whatcha want?" Harry blushed as he slipped on some gloves.

I let my eyes scan the menu and decided on a blueberry muffin. "I'd like the blasting blues with a side of you," I winked as his cheeks flushed.

"I can't give you me until... twenty more minutes," Harry's eyes scanned the tiny clock from afar.

"Okay I'll be right back, I'll take you home—don't tell Niall or he'll try to tag along," I whispered the last part.

Harry nodded and went to grab a to-go back from the back, as he pulled the door back Niall fell forward, clearly leaning on the door to overhear the conversation between Harry and me. "Nosy much?" Harry shook his head as he grabbed the paper bag and came back with a smile.

"I didn't want to go with you guys anyway, I'll go find some dick somewhere else," Niall sassed as he walked towards the back to occupy himself.

"I'll see you in twenty-thirty minutes at most!" I called out as I rushed past the doors.

"See ya, love you!" Harry waved happily.

"I love you, too!" I mumbled with my face pressed against the screen door as Harry covered his mouth with both hands from laughing.

~~~

I bought everything I needed and had it set up in the backseat of my car. I covered the items with a blanket and pulled up to Harry's work. I saw the lanky man waving to someone inside before exiting the building, soon climbing into the front seat.

"Hiya, Lou—" his words cut off by my lips pressed against his softly.

I can't lie, I missed his touch. His existence brings me so much joy, I can't live without it. I broke the kiss and lingered close to see his beautiful innocent reaction.

"You gotta warn me next time," Harry's eyes remained close as he took a deep breath, his teeth slowly sinking into his bottom lip. The view was innocently dirty.

"Remember how you missed our random drives?" I asked as his attention turned to me quickly, a small smile forming. "Well, let's go on one of those—nothing too far cause I'm limited on funds but how about a picnic at the park?" I smiled as I pointed to the backseat where all the supplies laid slightly hidden.

"Hell yes!" Harry jumped up and down causing the car to jerk slightly.

I pulled out of the parking lot and drove to the nearest park close by. It wasn't too fancy but it did have a small playground and baseball diamond. There weren't many people there, just a couple of people and a handful of kids yelling and laughing on the playground equipment.

Once we found a spot, right next to the baseball diamond, we unpacked everything. Harry laid the blanket out on the green grass as I pulled out all the ready-made sandwiches and bags of chips. What's a sandwich without a crunch?

"Look, the sun is setting," Harry pointed out as he sank his teeth into the bread of his bologna and cheese sandwich. We both awed at the colorful sky as the day swept away as time went on.