Watch Out For Ads And Viruses

Louis
The cold breeze that pushed past my figure clung to my body, earning a shiver down the spine as I unlocked and pushed open the front door. I was greeted with a warm gust of air as I got closer to the kitchen. My blue eyes bounced around till they landed on the handwritten note laid out on top of the kitchen table. I placed my car keys down and read the piece of paper.

Used the spare to get in boobear, there are macaroni and cheese on the stove. Love, mamaboo

I folded up the note between my fingers till the creases lined up perfectly with the other and placed it back on the table. A sigh of relief left my mouth knowing I don't work tomorrow, which means I can invite Harry and stay up late and watch movies and play video games. Harry was the curly-headed lad across the street, he moved into the house when I was 11 years old, Harry only being 8 at the time.

I whimpered when my foot accidentally kicked the soccer ball further than expected, I couldn't help my strength because mamaboo refused to let me outside with my fishy, I was furious. My eyes watched the ball bounce off the payment and right onto the back of the new neighbor's head. Oh, how I'm gonna get in trouble with mamaboo. Before crossing I looked both ways and ran across the street for dear life. A small boy who held his head as tears escaped his eyes with a small pout on his lips turned towards my direction as I got closer, I instantly felt bad.

"I'm so sorry, please don't tell my mamaboo!" I pleaded frantically as the green eyes softened.

My eyes scanned the small boy, analyzing his head as if I was certified for the inspection, as long as there's no blood then he should be good, I thought. Sniffles and hiccups were heard as the curly-headed boy stood to his feet, he was the same height as me.

"'S' okay, m' Harry," the curly boy smiled as he dusted the dirt out of his locks from the impact prior. To me, the forest green-eyed boy looked like a small puppy as he shook his curls from left to right causing a giggle to escape his lips.

"M' Louis," I smiled leaning on the heel of his shoes.

"Lou-is?" Harry smiled brightly as he clapped between syllables. Pretty smile.

I couldn't help but laugh with Harry, his laugh made me feel happy. "Hey Harry, wanna play football at my house?" My cheeks began to feel hot, shy if Harry said no, I didn't like the word no very much. 

"I got to ask my mama—be right back—mama!" Harry's voice could be heard from a mile away as he ran towards the open door, revealing a tall woman who shared similar features with the curly-headed one. "Mama, dat's my friend Lou, can I play football at his house?" From where I stood on the green cut lawn, I could see the pleading in Harry's eyes.

The women glanced at Harry and to me, I felt sweat drip down my forehead from the attention the older adult gave me. "Hi Lou, where is your house love?" The womanan asked sweetly, I gave her a small wave and pointed to the home across the street that had a plastic goal set up with a bunch of marvel action figures scattered all over the grass.

"Be careful, you can play for an hour—you still have to help when you get back," Harry's mama explained as Harry nodded happily, he jumped and ran towards me, grabbing my hand and started to drag my body across the pavement.

"Wait, Harry!" I gripped the boy's hand pulling him close and off the street as a car zoomed by, unfazed that kids were crossing, "You gotta look both ways before you cross," I explained as Harry held his bottom lip between his teeth, clearly nervous. I had the sudden urge to protect my new friend, hoping nothing bad ever happens to the emerald-eyed boy with a pretty smile.