Love Bites Are Art

Louis
It's been about a week since Harry and I decided to become friends with benefits, nothing has changed much, just random kisses here and there, maybe a quick snog on my lunch break or his couch. I have to remember to take my time with Harry knowing he's inexperienced with these things. I'm grateful that there is no awkward tension between us.

As of right now, Harry and I are in his kitchen making Halloween sugar cookies.

"Just whisk the ingredients together while I get the icing from the pantry," Harry instructed, he turned on the heels on his feet and made his way to the pantry.

Whisk? What the fuck? Is that a short term for whiskey? Are we spiking the cookies? I don't mind, it'll probably taste even better.

"Where's the whiskey at?" I glanced around looking for the familiar bottle, maybe it's behind all these ingredients that are scattered across the countertop?

"The what?" Harry asked, giving me a funny look.

Maybe I was wrong about the whiskey.

"The fucking whiskey—what the fuck is a whisk?" I grumbled as irritation ran through me, I hated not knowing things or not knowing the answer to everything, which is quite often, which is also why I have an attitude all the time.

Harry looked at me in disbelief, soon he was hunched over laughing like there was no tomorrow.

"Lou, a whisk is a utensil that you mix ingredients with, oh my gosh," Harry's high pitch laugh kicked in as his eyes squinted shut, he looked like a tiny kitten oh my gosh.

"Okay, whatever," I chuckled, how could you not laugh along with Harry, his laugh, in general, makes me smile and laugh

Harry handed me a see-through wired up to light without the light bulb, oh yeah, a whisk. He grabbed my hand and guided me on how to mix the ingredients easily, I guess now you can call me chef Tommo now

"How's work treating you, Lou?" Harry asked as he scooped out some of the dough and placed it on a tray.

I sighed loudly, "Same shit every day, it's boring as hell, everyone's bland, straight, no humor, straight, and not homosexuals," I groaned. "Except my good mate, Liam, he's the only one who I can be myself around in that workspace," I smiled brightly at the thought of running around the office with Liam pushing me in the mail cart as we threw old scratch paper everywhere.

"Have you talked to your boss about moving up? You've been at that position for almost two years now," Harry asked as he wiped his hands on his apron that draped around his waist.

"I-I haven't, I think I'm settled with what I got, I couldn't even—"

"Don't say can't or couldn't. Don't take this the wrong way damn it, Louis, you have so much to say but when it's the perfect time to say it you chicken out. As your best friend I know you can get that position and have your own office, you've worked so hard over these past two years," Harry walked closer with each sentence. "Louis, I know you have some dominance in you, stop letting your fears ruin your dreams," Harry sighed as his bottom lip stuck out in a pout.