Paradise Courting Club

'Paradise Courting Club,' Alexandra read, the large glittering, golden calligraphy on the green building. She had an ardent desire to somehow blow up the place, but since that was impossible, she turned to Kane. 'You alright? Not going to puke?'

'Fine,' he said, though he didn't look it. 'The same question to you.'

'I'm okay. I want to kill a few people but I am okay.' She assured, 'let's go.'

And they approached the painted, gem studded door ahead of them. A watchman, clean shaven and long, dark haired that was somehow streaked green and ruffled up like Fannel's stood in front of it, 'Welcome to Paradise Courting Club.' He sang, dully. The atrocious sun did not seem to bother him as much as it was bothering the two Idgardians.

'Hello,' Alexandra told him, in spite of all the grievances, fixing him with a brilliant smile - and a wink. She didn't know why she did that, but giving him the idea that she was not serious and had just dropped in to enjoy herself, was her motive.

The watchman's sun hat fell off his head, he hurriedly caught it back against his chest and put it on his head. Then he straightened up and pulled his robes flat against him, as though he was unaffected. But his face gone red.

I've found myself a new power, Alexandra thought to herself, grinning.

'Any - er - reserved tables?' He asked.

'No.' Kane clarified, and then without a moment's hesitation, added, 'But you don't mind giving us one, do you? My delicate Lady can't bear this intense heat.'

Alexandra was glad she had gone to lengths to cover up her arms - the muscles wouldn't have made her look exactly delicate. Kane was rather good at the pretense, and if there was anything known as practicality, he had it.

'Yes, I feel giddy,' she supplied, batting her eyelids and fanning herself with her right hand. It was late afternoon, and the heat was really unbearable.

'Oh come in! Do come in!' The watchman exclaimed, almost pulling her inside, but Kane grabbed her other hand.

'If you would only do what your job is, Sir, it shall be better.' He announced, gravely, with Alexandra nodding in (pretended) furious agreement.

'I got slightly carried away - oh but please step inside! We have free tables.' And he pushed the huge gate open. The last minute to turn back and race down the dusty street - but they lost it.

'Sorry,' Kane muttered, as he put an arm around Alexandra and they ascended the stone steps. The intense Rose scent in the Club, hit her face upon entrance and made Alexandra's eyes water. But she didn't want to appear uncomfortable, and so, despite her nose rebelling against each breath she took, Alexandra kept beaming.

'Am I only one who's feeling nauseous?' Kane asked her, and his face was paler than before. If that was his state, Alexandra wondered what she looked like. Perhaps a polar bear.

'I would rather be in a prison, than here,' She replied, shaking her head. 'This is Hell, who named it Paradise?!'

'Monsters.'

At least there was something to laugh at.

They looked around. Nobody was in the Club - other than one couple. And goodness, they were leaving no stone unturned to say, "We're rich". The lady wore an - expensive would be an understatement - she wore something grander than every grand piece of clothing Alexandra had seen. A silken, smooth, velvet gown with gem stones weaved into it. They glinted at every small movement of the Lady, shooting blinding beams into Alexandra's eyes. Her hat had a similar purple feather attached to it and every time she tilted her head, it wobbled horribly, but didn't come off. Her jewelry ... Alexandra knew this much would be too much even for Olivia.