Twelve

2015: October, Fall Semester

Leaves are falling, homecoming has passed, and things are getting spooky, and I'm not just talking about the skeletons and jack-o-lanterns. There's midterms, cascades of homework, and papers to be written. All this is in the midst of one of the biggest months in the academic year. Homecoming brought parties, football games, other festivities, and drama. All in all, October's a big month as a college student.

Let's not add in the dilemma of a young adult's love life. If there's not enough chaos and confusion as it is Magenta can't catch a break in that department. And she forgot she scheduled a weekly outing as a form of self-care and stress relief for her friend group. Including the man who's on the top of her list for heart palpitations and hair pulling, Genesis Wilson...

Magenta stands in a pumpkin patch next to Juliette and Kiara waiting on the arrival of the boys. She wears a fitted burnt orange sweatsuit with chestnut mini Ugg boots. Her short cut is covered with a wig that's styled in a bob. It's simple, but even completely covered up she can pull a gaze.

"What're you going to be for Halloween?" Juju asks. Before Gen can answer her attention's grabbed noticing Gee, Destin, and Colby coming through the entrance.

It's been a week since they kissed. A very longggg seven days for Magenta. It was even harder because she's seen him almost everyday since.

She needed Sunday to gather her thoughts, but on Monday Gee was 'visiting' her at work. He came into the advising office because he actually had an appointment to see an advisor, but he didn't miss the chance to flirt and play with her already discombobulated head.

Tuesday he actually showed up to their evening group study sessions in the library after missing them since the semester started. Then every other day she saw him on campus more than ever. It was slowly driving her crazy. Gee didn't even bring up the kiss. It's like he's letting her process it all.

Gee wears a blue vintage University of Kentucky Wildcats crewneck, jeans, and wheat Nike Air Force 1 Mid sneakers. Like most men during cold weather, he's letting his facial hair flourish. Magenta doesn't even realize she's staring while playing with the 222 pendant around her neck.