13.

Nolani Luna
Compton,CA

It was Sunday, and since my father had gone on a business trip with my mother, I didn't have church. I turned to look at India, who was peacefully asleep next to me on the bed. After the party, we decided to go to Waffle House and returned home around 5 a.m., so I got up stretching and glanced at the time: 1:48 p.m.

I got up and did my morning hygiene and took a shower. When I got out of the shower, I walked to India's room seeing she wasn't in the room and got dressed.

I left the room with a messy bun and went downstairs to see Gma cooking, India laying on the sofa, and Jewel doing dishes.

"Heyy," I said. Gma and Jewel both returned the smile.

"Are you hungry, baby? You can either eat what's leftover from this morning or wait until I'm finished cooking "Gma advised putting the pot's lid on.

"I'll wait till you're finished; what are you making?" I asked

"I'm making Spanish paella," she explained

"Damn Gma, you're preparing Spanish cuisine now," Jewel remarked as she dried her hands, and I assisted her in putting away the plates.

"I'm having a couple of friends over," she replied as she walked out to the backyard

"Where's Chris and them?" I asked drying the plates Jewel would pass me

"Chris is getting a haircut, Rakim went out with Cassie, they should be back anytime soon," Jewel said and I nodded

India entered the kitchen wearing her glasses.

"Last night, what the fuck did I drink?" She asked, getting a bottle of water from the refrigerator.

"Everything," I said with a chuckle

"You would drink anything you could find," Jewel explained, "You went from lean to Casamigos to Henny and back to lean."

"I'm quitting drinking because this is beyond me," she remarked as she leaned against the refrigerator.

"Girl, your ass was flirting with Jay's brother, saying you were going to be his soon-to-be girlfriend," Jewel stated as we finished putting the dishes away, leaning on the counter.

"No way" India laughed

"Girl," I added, laughing, "You even started dancing on top of a car that Chris had to get you down."

"Of course he'd drag me," India remarked. "Last night I was absolutely fucked up."

"You was," I said

"Are you and that Spanish boy still together?" Jewel questioned, recalling the boy India had been dating for about a year.

"I don't even know, we are off right now" Jewel nodded

"I'm homeee!" Chris yelled as he entered the house, and Gma walked into the kitchen.

"Who the hell is screaming in my goddamn house?" Gma asked

"Wassup Gma," he said as he side hugged her kissing her cheeks, and she shook her head before going to check on her Spanish paella.

"So what's the word today?" India asked him

"No word for you today after how you were acting last night" Chris chuckled

"How was she behaving?" Gma asked as she turned to face India.

"Ohh Gma, only if you knew what your grandbaby was up to," Chris smirked. "She wa-" India hit him, cutting him off.

"I was chilling Gma," India said with a smile