26.

Elijah

After a long day of work, i decided to come to this get together at Chris's friends house but I've noticed the more people kept coming which meant that it was slowly turning to a party and I was ready to hand out

"What you doing over there" Chris said with a grin sitting next to me

"I thought this was going to be something small" I said looking around, and I felt my phone vibrate, meaning I got a text message

Nolani: I'm at a lake with my friend , but I'm honestly ready to go. India told me about a get together out in calabasas but idk. - 10:20 pm

"It was but you know what happens when someone runs their mouth around town about a small get together" he said shaking his head "We about to smoke, you coming" he said getting up putting a blunt out , I nodded replying back to Nolani.

Me: You should pull up. - 10:23 pm

I put my phone away once I hit send and walked behind Chris as he walked to where the Taylor's twin were at.

As Chris and I approached the Taylor twins, the air was thick with anticipation. He pulled a well-rolled blunt from his pocket, its aroma wafting through the warm, lively atmosphere. With a playful grin, he lit the end, and the ember glowed, casting an inviting orange light.

He extended the blazing blunt towards me, offering it as the guest of honor. The orange ember danced, and the fragrant smoke curled upwards. I accepted it, bringing it to my lips, and took a slow, deep drag, savoring the warmth and the earthy flavor of the herb. The intense, smoky relaxation immediately began to wash over me, melting away the remnants of my long workday.

With the blunt now making its rounds among the group, we were united in the shared experience of the moment. The Taylor twins, known for their laid-back vibes, joined in, and the conversation evolved into a blend of laughter, stories, and discussions, making the evening unforgettable.As the evening progressed, I found myself in a conversation with a girl who approached me with a friendly greeting. Her voice was warm and inviting, but there was something about her that didn't quite register in my memory.

"Eli, I didn't see you come in," she said, a hint of surprise in her voice as she smiled at me.

I furrowed my brow in confusion. "I know you?" I asked, my tone questioning. The name and face just didn't connect in my mind. My best friend, Chris, couldn't help but chuckle as he took another hit from the shared blunt.

The girl's smile faded as she gasped slightly, her cheeks flushing with embarrassment. She turned away and walked off into the gathering crowd. It was clear that we had never met before, and her mistake left me slightly bewildered.

I chuckled to myself, shaking my head as I continued to enjoy the festivities. My circle of friends had always been relatively small, and I had made a conscious decision to keep it that way. Unlike some guys I knew, I wasn't out here casually sleeping with whomever I came across. My connection with Nolani had brought a new perspective to my life, and I had chosen to cut ties with some of the more casual acquaintances in my past. It was a decision I hadn't regretted, and the genuine connections I now had felt far more meaningful.