Chapter 19- A last hurah

Hazel.

"Say that again, please," he had to be lying Matilda Therdause, our in school councillor had a son yes but he was so much older than us. Well not too much he was in what we called the upper school, he was tall and had darker olive toned brown skin and green...

The eyes.

My eyes flashed to the gun, "Someone put that..." don't stumble now.

I took a deep breath, "No. Now someone put that Gun away now before I call-"

"Call who.." he paused a moment revealing his face and I saw it. I knew who he was. My sort of friend. He used to hang with me when times got tough. A real rough tough guy who didn't like people messing with him. The black material in his hands looked like his friends headscarf just wound a bit too tightly a bandana. I was lost for words, "Tristan....that's my name darling, Tristan Therdause," he paused to really look at me and then at Ethan, "Ask him, I used to hang around with the wrong sort and then I had this master plan that he wouldn't help me with,"

"AND THEN YOU STOLE-"

"Dude, I held her because Ally," he pointed to Allison not Aleksandra or younger Ali, "Let me I was just round your house and Ally had this brilliant idea um...to er,"

Allison who I assumed was older by the wedding ring and just the style. She has deep brown hair and was tanned in a way that was natural the sun-kissed look on her, "My friend her name is Amina has a bunch of headscarves and because she wears them a bunch, and I work in fashion so I Kind of made the outfits. They didn't tell me about the er..." she hesitantly pointed at the gun.

I wandered over to the silver piece, "It's real,"

Tristan who I now recognised quirked an eyebrow, "How did you know that?"

"I um I buried it at the forest that one day...em," why was I so shy now in front of him he was a ghost kid. He would wander in and out of my life so often that I didn't know but I knew of him.

He was there.

And he wasn't.

"Adrian, this is yours..."

For a moment Adrian looked up from his corner, at the silver engraving I was pointing at. It was his from his father ages ago in a failed spout to get him into hunting.

It was a licensed gun.

"I buried it as..."

I looked at the silver piece in my hands. I remember stealing it at age 15 when I snuck into a party. I looked to one of the guys I remembered, "Ryan...I stole this from you when you were showing everyone. I was a ghost like...Tristan. We planed this. You were showing it off and I took it and we buried it. In the Ghost Forest. Where I kept my stuff. "

I trailed off. I didn't bury it. I hid it in the tree with the food!

He knew, I just gave Tristan a look, "You stole this back from me!"

"Good ain't I. I wasn't trying to hurt this wus," he almost clapped Adrian on the shoulder but he was being awfully quiet.

"Do you know what you put us though..." quiet rage.

"Don't Adrian."

"I won't get angry I promise..." this time he winked and whispered, "She looks really cute in pink icing you should try it,"

I think he was talking to Allison," Pink Icing is that a blush,"

"No no..." he was going the jealousy route and I damn well knew it.

"Me and Hazel have done some bonding right?" he pointed to Ethan who was still codling his child.

"Hmm guys... she's asleep I swear down if you wake her and bring her back into this wherever this is I will. I will..." he looked desperately at Adrian for a threat.