Chapter Five-Face your Fears

Hazel

I sound so heartless and cruel as the words escape my lips but I'm not heartless or cruel I'm just telling him the truth.

He sat down beside me leaning against the large oak, I glare at him- has he never heard of personal space?

"Look, Hazel, I know nothing I ever do will make up for anything," he begins, putting on that please-listen-to me -face that everyone always uses to guilt trip you into listening to them, it doesn't really work on me though but I listen.

I scoff muttering, "Too right,"

"But these people who are after me aren't anyone you ever want to meet," Trust him to make enemies with dangerous people. I think it's just part of his nature to make enemies, he's made enemies with a lot of people mostly,  powerful people and me.

"I get it, these people are dangerous. You just can't stop causing trouble, can you? You had to go and make enemies with what I am assuming is your old,  'gang'."

His lips curl into a frown; he wears a look that I've never seen him have before, he looks like he's remembering something bad that happened to him. Something really bad, not like memories of all the trouble he's caused because he never remembers things like that, show no remorse is what he would live by.  

It's a look I've worn before. Re-playing everything that happened in my mind, eyes even darker than they usually are just thinking not realising you're doing it losing yourself in terrible memories just staring blankly at something and frowning continuously. I call it a Dark Trance, reliving your darkest memories.

Why would he have that look? Especially when I mentioned his 'gang', it was a street fighting racing kinda gang, not those big gangs you hear about on the news with guns and weapons like that, what could've possibly happened? How do they even have guns now?

I always thought he never had any real problems, he was living the life with all that money and getting away with anything he wanted to because someone could always bail him out.

"They're not my gang," he growls lowly, but I don't think he's growling at me.

 I decide to leave it, sometimes you shouldn't push memories out of a person, even if they are an enemy. People do it to me all the time, they think that talking about it will make me feel better, but it won't if I'm made to feel like I have to. I don't want to remember all that stuff. Sometimes, you have to wait for a person to tell you in their own time, when they're comfortable to, not that he's going to tell anyone especially not me.

He stops glaring at nothing imparticular, his dark hair falling across his grey eyes as he sighs, "We need to disappear," Again, he states the obvious.

"To where exactly," I snap.  " And before you suggest it we're not going to stay here because this is my place to think in,  anyway the forest is pretty small. Plus when you're being chased by murders or anyone you never stay in one place, it makes it easier to get caught." I explain. I've read a lot of books on gangs, people being chased by murders also in horror movies the people who stay in one place normally get killed first, considering the fact they stay in the same place as the murderer or possessed doll.

"That's why I said we need to disappear," His voice is really patronising especially when he emphasises the word 'disappear'.

"I know," I say mimicking his tone as I get up to stand in front of him. "I mean you can't just disappear because if you haven't noticed you're the son of billionaires which, no matter how hard it is for me to say, means that you're practically famous even though you didn't work hard for it. So you can't just disappear unless you happen to have stolen an invisibility cloak from James Sirius Potter,"

"Who's James?" Is he for real right now? I run a hand across my face, I feel like I'm about to cry. With all that money he's never read or even watched the Harry Potter movies? He could afford to go watch the Curse Child fifty times over and still have enough money to buy the rights to the movies! That would kill me though.

"I think I'm actually going to cry," I mumbled, staring up at the sky to divert my attention for a moment, before  looking back at him and hissing, "Not that it isn't the first time you've made me feel like that,"

He gets up from the ground and places himself in front of me looking down, "What it was a serious question?"

I groan loudly, "You really haven't read the books or even seen the movies? Even though your fortune is worth more than my life," I turn around to walk away, I'm done with this conversation we need to leave.

"What do you mean my fortune's worth more than your life?" I stop, turn on my heel and glare at him letting the night sky hear another cold emotionless laugh.

"Really?" I stare straight at him, a storm brewing in his grey eyes but my storm's much bigger. 

"You're a jerk for asking that question. Did it somehow slip your mind how you made my life a living hell? Didn't know my name because all the damn teachers hated me as well because I was that annoying scholarship girl who wasn't paying for them to teach me, who just ruined everything? Stop acting like you care." I clench my fists because that's exactly what he's doing pretending like nothing happened but it did happen and I'm never going to forget that again, he's right nothing he will ever do will make up for anything. I've re built my walls thicker this time with no way in, he'll never be able to climb up.

"I'm going to tell you this once, Adrian Powers, the only reason I came back was because I need to face my fears and guess what, you're literally my worst nightmare."

Note to reader:

What do you think?

I really want to know your opinion on my work because I like seeing what other people think of what I write.

By the way, just to clear things up  Hazel left the Private school at 16 to go to college where she tried new things and she hasn't been back until now. She moved back this summer and bought a small apartment. Even if she didn't get the offer from Adrian's parents she was always planning on facing him confronting him and getting her own back, the opportunity just came too quickly and she accepted.

This will be explained more thoroughly later on in the book but I just wanted to say this so no one's confused, not that you would be.

Anyway, the pink Icing chapter was deliberately cliche to lead you on to think they are going to fall for each other immediately and forget anything ever happened, but... it's going to take a lot more than that.

I just had to include a Harry Potter reference, couldn't help myself. He doesn't know who James is, Harry's eldest child! If you've never read Harry Potter and don't know what I'm talking about, don't worry because I don't hate people who've never read it before, it's all part of Hazel's character.

Wow, I've been talking for too long- I tend to ramble

Hope you have a lovely day or night if you're in a different country and the time zones are different- or your reading this in the future.

P.S Have you heard the next Doctor  Who is a Woman?- Go Girl Power!

Lavender