Chapter Eight - Moonlight

Adrian:

"Hey," I nudged Hazel shoulder she seemed to have drifted off into her own thoughts and spaced out.

"Hmm," she mumbled.

"Do you want to go to the roof?"

"What...now?" she asked still a little absent minded.

"Yeah, seeing as both of us can't sleep, why don't we go to the roof?" I thought it's be nice and I needed some air anyway.

She looked like she needed some fresh air too.

"Oh and its a full moon," I added.

"Huh," she mumbled still staring off into the distance. She paused for a moment before blurting out, "Is this your way of confessing that you are actually a werewolf?"

I chuckled," I wish, unless you happen to be a werewolf you could always bite me." I smirked at her disgusted look.

"Eww, no gross!" she exclaimed, pushing me off the edge of the bed.
That should take her off the nightmares for a bit anyway. "You know I think full moons are magical,"

"Really?" I said getting up from the floor, " Only you would think that,"

I looked up, realising that she didn't have her glasses on. I gave a sad smile when she looked away to grab her things, she really was her.

I felt so awful, but feeling bad wasn't going to fix anything ever.

We slipped out of the room being as quiet as we could.

"Let's take the stairs," she whispered before bolting down the corridor.

"Hey wait up!" I half whispered half shouted. God she was fast.

I chased her up the stairs and we burst out onto the roof; the cold night air hitting us as we laughed.

She gazed up at the moon, brightening the night sky casting a silver glow across all the roof tops. I have to say it was a sight to see.

The stars reflected in her glasses the awe evident in her eyes, "It's beautiful" she breathed.

"Yeah it is," I said stepping ever so slightly closer.

Slowly, she raised her hand tracing silver outline of the moon with her finger, "Sometimes it almost feels like you can touch it."

I raised my hand too so it was just above hers tracing the moon.

"Don't you ever feel like you want to escape," she whispered her eyes still illuminated by the stars.

"Yeah," was all I managed to say. My hand grazed hers. I took it in mine and she spun around her hand not leaving mine.

"Sometimes you just feel like you want to disappear," I mumbled into her ear. My heart suddenly tightened as I remembered everything...

"You just want it all to stop," her glistening eyes were fixed on mine, boring into them. I returned her gaze looking into those glazed honey brown eyes holding so much pain.

"It just feels unberable," her voice cracked as a tear rolled down her cheek.

"I-I'm so sorry," I stammered and I never stammered. In that moment I didn't know why I pulled her closer warping my arms around her in a hug. I don't know what came over me, she hated me, she didn't want me near her. Yet I needed that hug more than anything, I can't explain why but with everything just coming back the pain all that pain I caused and...felt.

I expected her to push me away.

She didn't.

She rested her head against me and wrapped her arms around me too. I was engulfed by her sweet scent and warmth.

"I know" it was barley audible I didn't know whether she really said it or not.

So there we stood, hugging, for a moment everything else ceased to exist. All the pain, hurt and hatred that burned through us both vanished for that one moment where we just needed that hug, to stop and forget.

So we just stayed their holding onto that moment. The moonlight flickering above us.

Maybe full moons really were magical...

Note to reader:

Before you jump to any conclusions and shout. 'They're falling in love'. Hear me out for a second it takes a lot for a person to forgive let alone fall in love and as you'll see from Hazel's PoV she is often confused and does not know what to think of Adrian's actions. When you're feeling upset and alone its hard to turn down a hug.

So what do you think. I know it was short but I hoped you liked this sweet moment because a whole lot of trouble is about to come their way.

What do you think about Adrian's thoughts?

Let me know in the comments.

Hope you have a lovely day

Lavender❤