Chapter Seven- Regret

Hazel

We steped out on to the 13th floor as Adrian glanced around.

"Nope no murderes so far," I just rolled my eyes but felt a small smile tugging at my lips. I walked to the oak door with the number 13 engraved into it. I hadn't noticed until now that this was my door. I guess I'll be staying in the 13th room of the 13th floor.

Carefully, I pushed open the door revealing a medium sized room with cream coloured walls. It had a queen sized bed in the middle with pearl white bed sheets.

Exauhsted, I kicked off my shoes, took off my glasses and dropped onto the bed.

I was so tired and confused about everything ; one minute I hate Adrian and I'm shouting at him, the next I'm smiling at the stupid jokes he makes.

I didn't have anything on me apart from my phone, wallet and Adrian's motorcycle keys. I placed them on the wooden nightstand before walking into the bathroom. I peered at myself in the mirror. Yep, I looked really tired and as pale as a ghost so I splashed some water on my face before drying it with the fluffy hotel towel.

I glanced at my watch to see it was only quarter past eight.

Even though it wasn't that late I curled up into the covers and closed my eyes.

I sat at the edge of the bus stop trying to rub away the tears. The cool wind brushing my hair back.

I couldn't help but wonder what had been in that letter. A fresh batch of tears falling to the floor as I waited for the bus.

I'd never know now. I sniffed again before hearing  someone shout "Aww is the little nobody crying!"

Glancing upwards I saw the faces of the people that tormented me relentlessly. It was Adrian and his 'gang'.

I didn't reply. Staring down at the floor I tried to ignore them which I immediately regretted.

Adrian grabbed me with his muscular arms pinning me against the side of the bus stop,forcing me to look up at his menacing smirk.

"Didn't your parents ever teach you that it's rude not to look at someone whilst they are talking to you?" he sneered. My lip quivered the mention of my parents as tears rolled down my cheeks.

The smirk grew as him and his friends began to laugh, "Oh I forgot your parents left you, you worthless nobody,"

Sobbing even more, I crashed to the floor once he let go.

My eyes snapped open. I didn't want this;nightmares constantly reminding me of what he's done when I have to look into his eyes everyday and know that it hurts that I have to stay with the person that has caused me so much pain.

I rubbed the stray tears away and breathed deeply. There was no way I would be able to fall asleep now.

Then I heard a faint knock against the door pulling me out of my thoughts. It was the middle of the night, who would be knocking on my door?

I opened it to reveal a very tired looking Adrian. His grey eyes dark and clouded. I quickly averted my gaze to stare at the floor, trying my hardest to push the nightmares out of my mind.

"Hey," he smiled softly. I gave him a what do you want sort of look not too harsh though. "Oh sorry I heard you crying and figured you umm...had another nightmare which is all my fault and I just wanted to say Hazel I know that I could say sorry a million times and it still wouldn't make up for anything but I just wanted you to know I regret everything."

Regret? Adrian never regretted anything. I looked up into his eyes again my glare softening just slightly as I saw the sincerity in them. I know it take a lot for me to forgive him but maybe remorse was the first step?

Then I plastered a smirk across my face, "Adrian did I just here you admit that you actually feel remorse?" he looked at me confused. "I thought you never feel remorse because of your huge ego and pride?"

"Ha ha very funny I do not have a huge ego," he said as he invited himself into my room.

Then I pretended to think really hard and then added, "Yeah you're right you don't have a huge ego you have an enormous one!"

He smirked as I laughed. Then I stopped conscious of the fact he was now staring at me. Ok a little weird. He seemed to notice so he looked away.

"So what now?" he asks sitting on the edge of the bed. "Where do we go from here? Murderers on our tail? Who could strike at any moment,we definitely can't stay here."

I sat down next to him, "You're right. We should leave tomorrow." Then I remembered. "Oh and we're also going to have to retrieve you're bike from the forest."

"I still can't believe you left my baby back there," he gasped.

I just laughed, "Your baby?"

"Uhh I love that bike," he answered while nodding.

"Anyways I'm sure it'll be fine," lying my head down on the bed, " But I don't think I'll be able to get back to sleep now."

"Me too," he paused for a second.   " I can't sleep either with everything going on. I feel like if I let my guard down then something terrible is going to happen just like..." he trailed off.

Just like what?

Note to reader:

Do you believe Adrian's regret? What is he hiding?

I'll leave you wondering for now but you'll find out I promise.

Anyway what do you think,I would love to hear you're thoughts.

With that said hope you have a lovely day.

Lavender❤