Before Hogwarts; Sirius and Regulus Black

August 31, 1971

"Sirius, come on!" Regulus yelled. 

"I'm coming, Reg!"

"Hurry up! I wanna see the sunset by the lake with you tonight!"

   Regulus tried to go to the lake every day to see the sunset but tonight was the first, and only, time he would go with Sirius. Sirius would be off to Hogwarts the next day so Regulus was trying to spend as much time with him before that as possible. Part of him was worried about him leaving. He would have to be alone in Grimmauld Place until Christmas. Not completely alone- their parents were home almost always- but they weren't the greatest company.

Another part of him was excited. He would have peace and quiet to read, Sirius would often disturb him to go play in the backyard. He could work on his piano skills more often because his parents weren't scolding him for "taking away Sirius' time to practice".

"I'm running as fast as I can Reggie!" Sirius exclaimed, starting to lose breath.

"Come on! We might miss it and I want to see it with you so this is the last memory we have before you go to Hogwarts."

"We've made it, Reg. You need to stop worrying about things so much! The sunset will be here when I come back so we can watch it then too," Sirius explained.

"Okay. You're right, I'm sorry."

The sunset was there when Sirius came back, but they didn't watch. They never saw the sunset by the lake together again.. But for Regulus, that didn't mean he would always be alone. Maybe someone else would join him. Replace the spot the Sirius had left empty for so long.