Fifth and Sixth Year; Chapter Six

Regulus POV

"Because he was nervous."

"Alright I'll go but I'm giving him five minutes. No more." 

"Give him ten." He wasn't suggesting it, he was demanding. 

"No. Five or nothing, take it or leave it." If he wants to talk to me, he abides by my rules. 

"Fine, ten minutes. Shake on it." 

"Alright- wait did you say ten? POTTER!" But he was already running down the hall.

-

Sirius POV

I knew that what I was about to do was not a great way to build me and Regulus' relationship up, but he was an easy target. And besides, it was James idea to prank Regulus, not me. 

"Sirius." He was here. 

"You came? You actually came?"

"I'm giving you ten minutes. Hurry up."

"Ok, ok. Do you want to sit?"

"I want you to get on with this, I have more important things to do." I expected this. I knew he would hate me, so I don't know why I'm so upset. 

"Right. Reg, I'm so fucking sorry. Like no ones ever been as sorry as I am right now. But I want you to know that I am not sorry for leaving, I'm sorry for ignoring you for months and I'm sorry I didn't say goodbye or take you with me."

"Ok." Ok? 

"What do you mean 'ok'?"

"I mean okay. Am I supposed to forgive you and forget it ever happened, because I'm sure as hell not doing that." I saw the other three making there way over in the distance. 

"I understand. I just hope that one day we can be close again." And then it happened. 

I could see him visibly tense, like walls were closing in on him. 

"What the fuck did you do?" He asked, his teeth clenched. 

"Just a harmless prank, Reg. Nothing too serious."

"Then why the fuck does it feel like I'm suffocating? That doesn't seem too harmless."

"You shouldn't feel like that. Huh, maybe they messed up the spell. That wouldn't be too good, would it?"

"I fucking hate you." Ouch. 

"Ah, little brother, don't say that. It's just a harmless prank. Now hold your breath."